Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Forgive Me Father For I Have Loved Paperback – May 15, 2013
"Warlight" by Michael Ondaatje
A dramatic coming-of-age story set in the decade after World War II, "Warlight" is the mesmerizing new novel from the best-selling author of "The English Patient." Pre-order today
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The book was unlike anything I have ever read. The storyline was new and the hero/heroine was fantastic. I have to admit, I cried at various interval. The story was touching and I just can't say enough about it.
The story is about Dane and Rhapsody and their love for each other. When they met, Dane was Father Dane, yep, a priest struggling to find himself and Rhapsody trying to get over past hurts. I loved Dane. He knew what he wanted and worked through his issues and declared his intentions right from the start. It was just awesome
The book was also funny in that Dane was hilarious. He told lots of jokes that had me cracking up and just shaking my head.
Overall, an excellent book that is worth every penny. Just on a side note, if you grew up in the 80s & 90s, and ever saw the mini series "Thorn Birds" this book is a little bit similar. Not too much but similar nonetheless.
1. Dane wanted to be a priest and he also wanted more, much more he felt that God was leading him in different directions!!!
2. For some people who are religious orientated this book touch a lot of the Catholic Church and their practices ... They authors divest a lot of research on this topic and she did an excellent job of that. Hint " The Divinci code" ... Superb
3. People with huge families always take on most of their families problem, Dane took on a lot and in some ways it lead him towards a narrow path of self destruction it became to much for him to bare. The authors portrayal of Danes character was spot on.
4. Our faith in god is often tested. When Dane's faith was tested he turn towards something that he swore he will never do Again. The author showed his anguish, proved that even man of god have weak moments and laps of judgment.
5. Rhapsody was a mere reminder of what's Dane saw missing. She was not a distraction she was that special light that Dane needs to shine down on him.. The author show us how love can make you feel alive make you believe that was meant to be.
6. Realism... This book may offend certain people and in a way I understand but we are not here to judge nor be prejudice we are to always remember that no one is perfect. Humans makes mistake, humans learn from mistakes. God forgives even when others don't he does.
7. Sensuality: Dane is a priest but first and foremost he is a man. He was taught to control the urges to surrender. The Catholic Church and please I am not offending any one's religion... The way the author explained their faith and practices it raises legit questions. Her divest explanation and investment Into this story was spot on. The bible has many rules and many saying but yet it doesn't say that man should not marry or procreate. This is something that was put into law by this faith. Yes AGIAN am not trying to bring down anyone's religion am just stating things that have been said many times before.
8. The art of love. Dane was very attracted to rhapsody and not by appearances only but her beauty inside and out. He helped her she helped it. I felt that the author did an excellent job of the way they made love. Her descriptive writing was soul minding. Dane poured his all. The writing of those scene wasn't over the top. They were fitting for the type of subject on hand about this book and she did an excellent job of the.
9. Redemption... Dane still believe in god and he did not leave his religion he embraced it but he felt he have to be Dane.
I remember a line said in this book.. "You can be in a room full of people and still be alone" this line is so true ... She takes you there (Tiana Laveen) she racks up your emotions and you surrender to the deep formation of that union.
10. A lesson. What this book taught me is to not take anyone or anything for granted. We are here on earth for a purpose a reasons. Sometime we take a path we thing is the right one but god always take you on the right path.
I cannot stress enough how much this author is not one to sleep on, she doesn't rush her stories she takes her time each and every time. She evoked emotions and truth in her stories. She search and is very accurate. She takes the readers on a lesson course she open our horizons and left you with appreciation of her work. I can only say how much this book has touched my heart, my mind, my soul.
Miss Laveen your truly a gem among the rest you have yet to disappoint me and I look forward to reading your other books.