- File Size: 383 KB
- Print Length: 27 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Lois D. Brown (January 21, 2011)
- Publication Date: January 21, 2011
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B004KAA76S
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #19,868 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Forgotten Canyon (A Treasure Hunters Short Story Book 1) Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Stranger in the House" by Shari Lapena
In this neighborhood, danger lies close to home. A thriller packed full of secrets and a twisty story that never stops - from the bestselling author of "The Couple Next Door." See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Story - Jonathon Scribner is a cartographer who lives in a world of luxury, but when he finds a mysterious map with the supposed location of a hidden treasure, he forsakes that luxury for a hike through a canyon that is difficult to maneuver through. Accompanied only by an unfriendly guide and a vast amount of horrible, stinging insects, Jonathon sets out on the adventure of a lifetime in order to become one of the richest and most famous men alive.
Writing Style - The author expertly shows the relationship between Jonathon and Riley, his guide. The author also conveys the atmosphere of the canyon extremely well to the reader; everything from the bugs to the sleeping bag to the cacti are explained perfectly. There is a bit of a history lesson in the story, as well, about Montezuma. Because I'm usually turned off or bored by historical stories, I was very pleasantly surprised to find out that I really enjoyed this history. It was very mysterious, adding to the adventure of this quest.
WARNINGS - Mild Peril
Overall - I loved this story! I thought it was extraordinarily well written, and at the same time, it was fascinating to read. It's adventurous, mysterious, and fun, which are some of the reasons that I've actually already re-read this story. It's such a good short download that I highly recommend.
As I type this review, the Kindle version is free - grab it now at this price while you can.
It is a story worth reading.
Most recent customer reviews
I really liked this book
A must read
one treasure that holds the key to multiple questions.Read more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories & Anthologies > Short Stories
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 45 minutes (22-32 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Short Stories > Single Authors
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales