Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by us the duo STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 9, 2012
Using the information in this book I was able to successfully create an LLC. I first purchased "Limited Liability Companies for Dummies". Good background material but it did not contain a sample operating agreement. These long and complicated agreements are the heart of LLC creation. So, I turned to Mr. Mancuso's book. He has full samples of both a member managed and manager managed LLCs. I took his form, modified for my needs and finished the job.

On the downside there are a number of areas where the text says "refer to your attorney". Part of this is the nature of the beast. While a simple LLC creation is pretty straight forward there are areas where one can get into trouble. Special allocations of profits where profits are not distributed based on ownership triggers all sorts of IRS rules. Professional help is needed here. I did not need anything like that so not a problem.

Another reviewer mentions the lack of information on Series LLCs. These are really specialized for something like a taxi company where the company is an LLC and each individual taxi is owned by a separate LLC. So if you are a big business doing fancy asset protection with series LLCs, then this book is not for you. If you want to start a small business and want the protection of an LLC, this book contains the information to get it done.
34 helpful votes
35 helpful votes
on December 29, 2012
Excellent resource for those wanting to start an LLC, including many prototype forms (actual forms to be filed are state-specific). A DVD is included, allowing modification of supplied forms with a word processor. Highly recommended
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
on May 25, 2014
I purchased this book to learn how to incorporate a business. I want to start incorporating for my customers as another add on service. This book will save me a lot of money because I can incorporate and charge a decent fee to do it. I believe this added service will help my business ten fold.
on December 6, 2016
Item received. Thank you very much!
on February 23, 2017
It was outdated
on October 12, 2016
good info
on August 2, 2016
delivered as promised
on January 21, 2015
I used this book and actually formed an LLC. Best purchase I made to date.
on July 20, 2015
Good, clear info.
on October 15, 2013
I bought this book to help me become more informed about LLCs. My plan was to learn some background, then work with a lawyer to set it up. This book was so helpful and explained the process so well that I realized I could do it myself, which I did. Even if you go thru a lawyer this book will help you understand the concept, ask the right questions and set the LLC up to meet your needs.
4 helpful votes