Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Plus  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

on March 17, 2014
I am using this dado set on a "Saw Stop" 3 HP cabinet saw. The set was easy to set up. I first made a saw table insert from baltic birch plywood. It made a great insert for this blade set. Then changed the blade break and removed the riving knife. Finally I used blades and all chippers to produce several 1/4 inch tenons in solid cherry. The blade set ran straight and true. No vibration, no burn, and very little "cleaning" (sanding and chisel work) on the tenons. I have used a Freud set. It was OK, but left a lot of work on the bottom of the dados.

Don't get me wrong, i'll use a router and jig for many dado operations. It is hard to beat the easy set up and perfectly smooth dado bottom. However, there are situations where a dado set is ideal (long dados, tenons, unusual width dados, etc.). This makes the additional set up worth it.

I also like the plastic holder. Someone had written a review complaining about it. It holds the blades securely, and separate from the chippers. The holder has a handle, and provides for storing the case either vertical or horizontal. I don't find it to be flimsy. This was the problem with the case design and inserts on the Freud set I used.

Finally, this set is not cheap. That may be a problem for a home woodworker. If you can't afford it, the Freud set would be a good alternative. If you want a set you will probably never have to replace, from a company who will resharpen it to a like new finish and balance, this is a great tool.
on January 7, 2014
I'm a little past being a novice(not much) woodworker but still learning. This is my first set of dado blades and the first time I used them it went smooth as it could have. I cut tenons for a mortise joint using oak from a house built in the 1800's. Needless to say the oak splinters very easy. No tear out what so ever. Smoothest cut I could have imagined. The only other cuts I've seen that smooth were from a forest ll blade. The blades were easy to figure out. They store on a cheesy plastic holder but as for the blades I can't imagine any better. Highly recommend.
on August 12, 2017
Worth every penny.
on August 31, 2015
I have used a lot of different dado sets by far this is the best one I have ever used.
on June 12, 2015
Absolutely perfect flat bottoms. Widths are exact. Best I've ever owned.
on December 18, 2013
This set of blades has produced vary good Dados. The Blade side surfaces were in cased in grease, while the cutters coated with a tough rubbery substance to protect them. The set comes with a simple ,but sufficient carrying case. This a high quality Dado Set that will last many years.
on July 12, 2015
Very clean cuts in plywood. Worth every penny.
on September 17, 2015
Excellent addition to any table saw. Precision adjustable and precise cuts with a finished look and feel.
on January 16, 2016
Great dado set. The best I've ever used.
on January 3, 2014
I own 4 (now 5) Forrest blades. There are NONE finer. High quality, American made. I will never buy another Freud blade or Home Depot/Lowe's special unless I'm cutting wet lumber or suspect wood (with old nails in it). Forrest cuts finer, smoother bottoms, and cooler. What's more, there's actually enough carbide on the teeth to have them sharpened. These are not disposable blades by any measure. They will turn your $200 contractor saw into a true woodworking machine.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.