Forrest Gump (Two-Disc Special Collector's Edition)
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Hanks is Forrest Gump, who despite being mentally challenged, tried hard, is honest and places his trust in luck. He tells his life story to anyone who sits next to him at a bus stop, and the flashbacks follow Forrest and his good heart through some of the highlights of modern American history.Through the use of digital imagery, Forrest appears to interact in scenes with John F. Kennedy, John Lennon and George Wallace. "Life is like a box of chocolates."
- 2 discs
- Through the Eyes of Forrest Gump Documentary
- Through the Ears of Forrest Gump Sound Design
- Building the World of Gump Production Design
- Seeing is Believing 11 Visual Effects (Including 2 Never-Before-Seen Sequences)
- Photo Gallery
- Screen Tests
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
I'm not going to give a book report for you guys and go into details about the plot, not only do I personally hate reviews that do that, but in this case I find it hard to believe that anyone reading this isn't already familiar with the plot. But I will say the blu ray transfer is fantastic. Now I'm no expert on picture quality, so there could be some fine details that the videophiles are always talking about that I don't notice. But just using the "eye test" I didn't regret my purchase in the least. I had just bought the samsung js8500 4k suhd tv before watching this, so I'm not comparing it directly with the same hardware I watched the dvd on, but I think that watching on a superior tv would reveal more flaws if they were there, and I didn't notice any. The sound transfer also sounded great, albeit not on the greatest sound system. I'm using the vizio 5.1 wireless soundbar setup.
If you haven seen this movie yet and you're older than 16, then you have no excuse and I really don't know what to say to you. If you're just wondering if this transfer is worth your money, I'd have to answer with a resounding yes. Hope this helps.
It has so many powerful themes packed in and well balanced. A must see.
Romance, Action, Finding meaning in life, Finding God or inner peace, death, search for happiness, humor and many more.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > Two-Disc Special Editions
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Drama
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Romance
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Paramount Home Entertainment > Drama
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials