Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
RH Forschner by Victorinox BladeSafe for 3-Inch to 4-Inch Knife Blades
|Price:||$6.01 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compact and sturdy
- The world's most know brand for multi-tools and pocket knives
- Made is Switzerland
- Universal knife holder that's ideal for protecting, storing or transporting knives
- Holds most standard blades measuring 3 to 4 inches in length
- Locks and secures knife for optimal safety; great choice for traveling chefs
- Durable polypropylene construction
- Dishwasher safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
This blade cover fits my 7 inch Santoku knife perfectly. I ordered the larger size knife cover (8"-10") for my 8 inch chef's knife - If you have an 8 inch knife, I would definitely buy the larger size - my Shun chef's knife wouldn't have fit in the 6"-8" BladeSafe. Both knife covers fit the knives perfectly and I feel completely at ease putting my prized knives in the kitchen drawer. The BladeSafes take a little bit of practice getting them open. It takes a bit of focus, but it's not hard to open, just safely closed. If you have small children, they likely won't be able to open these.
Bottom line - If you store your knives in a drawer or need to chop that knife block off the counter-top, get these BladeSafes for your knives. They will not only protect your blades, but will protect your hands when you go digging in the knife drawer!
1. Clamshell-design allows you to open up the saver and gently place the knife in the unit. (Unlike other designs where you slide in the blade towards your palm :-/ ).
2. Small rubber 'bumpers' (for lack of a better word) press the blade from either side to safely secure the blade in the saver. This prevents the blade from moving or rubbing up against anything.
3. Secure locking mechanism. Two plastic latches securely lock the blade when you close the saver.
4. Blade is covered at the base of the blade by the saver (opposite end of the blade tip). This essentially prevents a child or whomever from picking up the knife and pulling on the handle to remove the blade without opening.
1. Total price, otd, $9.00. Shipping was more than the saver itself.
All in all, the best blade saver you can buy.
The BladeSafe is really ideally suited to protecting a chef's knife, not the slicing knife. The slicing knife fits but is not locked in as well as the chef's knife, due to the lack of a heel on the slicing knife. The case locks, but the blade could be pulled out anyway with only minimal effort.
And the little rubber gripper thingies inside the BladeSafe leave a mark on the blade. I'm hoping it's not permanent, but it did not wash off.
So in summary, this item is best suited to protect a chef's knife (which it does well), but may leave marks on the blade.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I got this with a knife for my dad on father's day. He loves cooking and having good knives but they always get messed up cause he doesn't have a case and he loves this! Read morePublished 1 day ago by AisS Steemmg
This fits the 8 inch Victorinox Fibrox perfectly and excellent way to store and protect the knife blade while not in use.Published 1 day ago by kntnwms3
I bought this to protect my paring knife in my suitcase when I travel with it. I love this thing. It works perfectly and protects the blade very securely. Great product.Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Works perfectly to protect the blade of an expensive knife as well as the delicate fingers of the ones who have to use it.Published 8 days ago by R. Michael Oguin
I got this with a knife for my dad on father's day. He loves cooking and having good knives but they always get messed up cause he doesn't have a case and he loves this! Read morePublished 9 days ago by Thenesa Winght
Holds the knife securely in place and seems pretty sturdy but the two rubber feet inside the case leave a mark on the knife.Published 18 days ago by Suby duby doo