Fort Knox PB1 Handgun Safe with 13.5 Inch Dean Safe Pistol Sock
|Price:||$254.99 & FREE Shipping|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 10 gauge steel uni-body construction with a massive 3/16" tamper-resistant wraparound door
- Gas-strut-assisted heavyweight door
- Fast opening pushbutton Simplex mechanical locking device
- Made in USA with a Lifetime Warranty
- Dimensions: 4-1/4"h (5-1/4"h with buttons and knob) x 12-1/2"w x 10-3/8"d
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Strength and Reliability are two words that best describe this beautifully crafted Pistol Box. With a thick 10-gauge steel body and a 3/16" wrap-around door this safe is not only practically impossible to break open but it would be insanely difficult to even dent this thing. The heavy duty tamper-resistant hinge is placed under the door to protect it from attack, yet the gas strut makes it easy to lift the heavy door and have it hold itself open for easy access. It features the tried and true Simplex push-button mechanical lock which is fast and easy to use with the potential of 1,081 different combinations. The antique silver powder coat finish gives a durable yet beautiful look that creates a sense of strength and quality. The interior is lined with foam in the style of egg crate to help protect your valuables and guns from damage or scratches. Depending on the size of the gun you can easily fit one and potentially fit two. The pre-drilled holes in the bottom make it convenient to be bolted down to the floor, a drawer, or any other flat surface. These pistol boxes come with a manufacturer's lifetime warranty and surpass the California Department of Justice firearm safety device requirements proving its extreme quality. This Fort Knox Original Pistol Box is truly the best bang for your buck.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Seller Warranty DescriptionManufacturer's Lifetime Warranty
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So, I was equally diligent in choosing small/medium pistol Safes...I decided on purchasing x2 of these, one for upstairs on a nightstand and one downstairs, by a door (also on a cheap stand).
1) Very sturdy...some of the best gauge steel for this type of small/medium pistol storage container;
2) Easy access with a simple x2 button, x1 button combo which can be somewhat easily changed from factory pre-set;
3) Easily stores my 1911 .45 ACP, plus x3 mags and Sig 9mm plus x3 mags...and I mean Easily.
4) NO BATTERIES that will fail;
5) NO biometric fingerprint scanner that NEVER works 100% of the time.
1) Does not offer as 'fast' firearm access as some of the far more expensive pistol cases....takes about 2-3 seconds to open from waking up;
2) Very heavy and SMOOTH....if you place it on a smooth surface, it WILL slide around and when the lid opens, it can slide several inches and add precious seconds to your firearm access time, besides being a pain in the butt.
....if placing on a smooth surface, it needs velcro or some sort of anti-skid material on the bottom ... or you can do what I did...buy 2 inexpensive
heavy night stand tables and use the pre-drilled holes on the bottom of the safes and screw it directly to the surface. I like that you can remove the foam inserts ... I left my upstairs Safe with all the foam in it, which leaves less room, but I only have my 9 mm Sig and x3 mags in it and no other pistols.
If you are looking for a push button pistol safe, this is definitely worth looking at. Many of the other RSC containers are made with cheap and thin gauge metals and the locking mechanism can be picked open with a screwdriver or jarred open by simply dropping the safe.
While not cheap, it is by no means overpriced...I believe you get exactly what you pay for. This is NOT a Vault but neither is it a cheap RSC Container or even worse (I won't mention names, buy everyone knows the stacking :-) ).
1) Robust and sensible design for the body of the safe.Roomy interior allows easily for most 2 full size handguns to fit.
2) Locking system allow for relatively easily code set-up and simplicity allows for quick locking/opening.
3) Multiple interior foam layers can provide either a nice thick double layer for extra padding or 2 layers to allow separation of stored items.
4) The 4 holes that hold the base tabs that support the safe can be used as thru-holes to secure the safe to the ground.
1) Plastic tabs that act as feet come out very easily and can pop out unexpectedly. Should be able to get something at a hardware store as a replacement, but this aspect is still annoying none the less.
2) The gas-strut assist doesn't kick in until it's about half-way open but it does the job and keeps the heavy top up.
Overall, I'm extremely happy with this safe but as with everything, nothing is perfect.
From all my research this brand and style safe is very secure. Originally I was thinking of going with a biometric safe using hand or fingerprints but was more interested in security than speed being I have small children in the house.
Only thing I would suggest is consider the model they make with the door that drops down in front in you're planning on putting up on a shelf.