Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 89 reviews
on January 15, 2014
Overall the game is 5* but due to the Microsoft BS it gets a 1* to help people avoid getting frustrated like I am with the support of their products.I'm new to xbux and the only reason I finally bought one was to play exclusive games unavailable to PS3 like Forza,Halo,etc.So I bought this game recently and kept getting invalid code for the DLC for the game.When I contacted xbux support this is the response from them via email....
"My name is Leah with the Xbox Customer Care Advocacy Team. I would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your pre-paid card (PPC) issue. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Allow me to take a moment to explain the results of my investigation regarding your PPC issue.

The token you are attempting to redeem is for a promotion that has expired. Unfortunately, we do not provide replacement tokens for promotions that have expired."

There is NO such expiration date or mention ANYWHERE on the DLC card! I have bought much older games with DLC from PS3 and have never had this kind of issue.After receiving the email I contacted xbux again and they wouldn't offer anything at all for this blunder.So if you buy this expecting to get any of the Top Gear DLC your not going to get it otherwise the game,graphics,and overall game play is 5*.
on May 7, 2013
I picked up this title, because it had good ratings and I didn't have a copy of Forza 4 at the time. The two games are similar, but enough different that it does take some getting use to. I think the high rates were due to the timing of its release. Forza 4 has a lower rating and i think this is because it didn't add any particularly significant (unless you consider the Kinects feature of Forza 4 significant). I think Forza 4 is better is several minor ways, and that is the one I recommend.
on December 10, 2010
This review is for the Forza 3 Ultimate Platinum Hits

At $30 MSRP you can't go wrong with this one.

It includes all of the downloadable content that they ever released (except the ones that came out after this package was included like the Jalopnik Community Choice Classics Pack released on December 14th,2010) but you get all of the previous DLC without having to download them, simply play the game.

The Top Gear themed DLC is worth about $10 by itself. You get:

-Stig's Garage 3 Car Pack
Includes Koenigsegg CCX (should've been in the game when it first came out IMO), Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and the all awesome Lexus LFA which is the deal breaker in this DLC, that car is just awesome!

-Top Gear Video Feature
It's not really an episode per say but rather a compilation of segments of the all funny Top Gear show, most of the segments are from cars featured in the game such as The Lexus LFA and the Ferrari 458 Italia and other random segments like Ken Block's feature in Top Gear. The whole 'episode' (if you can call it that) is 1 hour and 22 minutes long and generally speaking is 1GB in size, sadly it's not in HD.

-Top Gear Theme
Not much really, it's just a picture of the stig in the background and some modeled cars in the friends list, check out the picture I've uploaded.

Finally, just to make things clear: You do have to download all of the Top Gear stuff and you do NOT need an XBOX Live Gold account, a Silver account will suffice, the rest of the extra content comes in the discs.

All in all this is an awesome deal, if you loved Forza or still haven't got around to play it, you must definitely have to buy this.
review image
on May 17, 2013
Let me start off by saying that I am originally not a fan of racing games (I get bored with them really quick). I played other racers before like Project Gotham Racing 3 (I kind of enjoyed that one) and Forza Motorsport 2 (came with one of my Xboxs, I did not enjoy one bit). So when I buy this game for my brother, I do not expect to like it one bit....man was I in for a surprise.
This game is just really amazing. Every car has its own feel to it, and the level of detail the developers have managed to put into the game really has me giving so much praise. The graphics are pretty nice considering there's the newer version of this game out, and the number of cars and races in the game can keep you busy for a good while. It's a shame you can't get some of the newer cars that are out now a days without getting Forza 4, but for what's in the game already and for the price, it's not a bad buy and I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to buy it (or if you really want newer cars, get Forza 4, it's also a good game).
on May 20, 2014
Like most of the forza games before Horizons, this is a modern classic with absolutely amazing game physics, graphics, options and depth. Basically ALMOST as good as GT except for the fact that in career mode, your path is limited as well as your options, and your available races are based upon what you have done so far, and the accumulated cars. Some may like this, however, so it is a minor issue. Let us not forget that in Forza as opposed to GT, there IS crash damage, which is amazing ;)
on December 19, 2012
I give this 4 stars because it is a great game for the 360, pretty realistic with lots of cars and tracks from all over the world. It's menus are a little dreary, but it doesnt detract from gameplay. However being a little older now, Forza 4 feels a little more realistic than 3 ever did. For the Value Forza 3 is hard to beat though.
on December 10, 2012
Pros and Cons listed below.

Pro: Lots of cars, tracks and environments. Presentation is excellent. Easy to pick up and play.

Con: Lack of customization of game modes/multiplayer. No body modifications to cars. No fine tuning of controls (I felt the steering was a tiny bit too sensitive). Game could use some more variety*

*Other than the XP feature, there is no real insentive to go along with the gameplay. There is no goal; there is no significance to the different races and events you compete in. The only variables are the cars and how much money you have for upgrades. I don't see much replayability within the game except to create cool vinyls for all of your cars.
on March 3, 2011
I'm not a die-hard racer, by any means. In fact, this is the only non-arcade style racing game I'm ever played on the Xbox. But it's awesome!

The detail is insane. Skid marks all over the place, the asphalt, the grass...everything.
AND THE CARS.
Wow. The cars look exactly like their real counterparts. And there's a ton. Hundreds that come with the game, and even more that you can download.

The rewind feature IS nice. I find myself using without thinking. It doesn't always work, though. Near the beginning of the race, if you, say, run into the back of someone by accident and spin out, no rewind. And you can't rewind as far back as you want. There's a limit.
Which, to be honest, is probably a good thing.

Anyway, from an inexperienced racer's stand point, this game is 5 stars, to be sure.
on December 7, 2013
Incredible graphics carreras.Los simulator, the colors, the brightness of the sun reflected on the runway, the reaction of the car, the sound of the car and the wheels is amazing. I was a fan of Gran Turismo but not anymore. Microsoft has thought of everything, for example, when one already has sufficient credits can improve buying him another engine type within the same brand or posupuesto but changing front or rear wheel drive or all-wheel drive to 4 by 4. This is not available in Gran Turismo. I love my Forza 3. I recommend it.
on April 23, 2013
I'm not a gamer by any means so i will not wax poetic about game design, options, online stuff, or anything else remotely intelligent. All I know is I loved playing this game! I love all the car options, the tracks are different and many, and if you get someone else to unlock more features (thanks hubs) it gets even better. The music, graphics, and gameplay options really make this purely racing game stand out from the crowd. Forza was recommended by real gamers to me and clearly there's good reason for that!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.