Foscam FI8916W Wireless/Wire IP Camera WIDE ANGLE, IR-CUT, Wireless b/g/n ,Better Housing (Upgraded From FI8918W, Black Newest Model)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Embedded IR cut Filter for true color
- High image and video quality. Night Vision up to 8m. Pan 300° Tilt 115°
- Built-in speaker and microphone for 2 way audio monitoring
- Support WiFi 802.11 b/g/n. Support WEP, WPA & WPA2
- Send email and upload image as motion detected, Support DDNS, Access camera from anywhere, Supports iPhone and Android
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The newest model Foscam FI8916W features itself with Wireless-N ,the IR cut filter, rotation mechanism improvement and housing improvement. The wireless N improves network throughput over the two previous standards 802.11b and 802.11g with a significant increase in the maximum net data rate from 54 Mbit/s to 600 Mbit/s. The IR-Cut filter automatically adjusts the lighting exposure via mechanical filter to provide true and accurately colored images that are not washed out whilst also adjusting to changing light conditions. FI8916W adopts the smaller and lighter head to improve its pan & tilt rotation mechanism More reliable and smoother while comparing with the previous models which frequently have rotation issues . The FI8916W is upgraded to the higher quality external housing. The especial designed housing of the FI8916W make it not only looks smaller and beautiful to distinguish it from any previous models but also improve the Cooling function. In addition, the FI8916W improves audio quality and clarity when listening with iPhones, iPads and Androids. Warranty: 2 year Package List: Camera x 1 Antenna x 1 Bracket x 1 CD&Manual x 1 Ethernet Cable x 1 Power Adapter x 1
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Connect it with the CAT-5 cable enclosed to your router and turn it on
If the IP Camera Tool shows blank, then go to your router and locate the IP Address of the camera, then log into it via that IP address.
Go to the wireless settings, scan for your wireless router, add it and set the ip address. Change the port from 80 to something else.
Enable DDNS. You will see the ddns web address on the bottom of the camera ([...]).
Disconnect the hardwire, reboot it and you should be good to go. To access from the web use[...] where xxx is the unique address of the camera as stated, and pp is the new port number.
Finally, change the username and password from the admin.
You will need to download VLC to listen to the audio.
Haven't tried the microphone or alert settings yet, but so far, so good.
- Has IR-cut filter (can hear it click,).
- This camera will accept the latest FI8918W firmware. (did before initial setup via Ethernet).
- Rear has Ethernet port, audio in/out jacks, power and removable Wi-Fi antenna.
- VGA resolution (640 x 480) is fine.
- No issues with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Can not turn full turn down like the old FI8918W can. One of the other reviewers posted a video indicating this. So if you have pets or want to monitor a baby in a crib don't get this camera. You will have to prop up the rear or use the included wall stand to get the angle.
- The mic and speaker phone are fine but you need to use it as walkies-talkie to avoid the feed back both ways. Same with previous models.
This being a new model why would Foscam call it the FI8916W compared to the older model FI8918W? I would NOT buy this model again due to the limitation on panning down. The FI8918W will let you see a little of it base when all the way pan/tilted down. IMO go with the FI8918W or there 720p model.
(see attached pics)
-No issues, no Wi-Fi drops, rock solid.
Latest firmware version:
1) Optimized the login password security level.
2) Deleted the MSN function.
3) Enhanced the DDNS feature. Still no freedns.afraid.org support :(
I liked both of them up until this point. I tried swapping the power supplies, no change. Both just reboot now as soon as I access them with a mobile phone, web browser (ie or firefox). Useless.
Be careful of the return policy on this. At 45 days, I was past the normal return time. However, I called Amazon and they gave me return authorizations for both cameras anyway. Thank you, Amazon!
I will not be buying another Foscam product again - ever.