Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired IP Camera, Pan 300° Tilt 120° With 9dbi Antennas, Stronger WiFi Signal - 2 Pack
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Simple setup, Friendly GUI, DIY installation.
- High image & video quality, Two-way audio monitoring.
- Allows remote Pan/Tilt control (Pan: 300°; Tilt: 120°).
- Freely control IR LED ON/OFF.
- Auto IR-LED illumination for night vision (up to 8 metres).
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
All in all, very happy with these Foscam cams. The only thing that I would probably say takes some time is the configuration. It's not the worst thing in the world if you've configured network devices, but if you've never done it, there's a little bit of a learning curve and the interface is pretty awful. Also, you won't get sound unless you use IE. I've seen some people write some code in Android that supposedly mitigates this, but I haven't really touched it so I can't vouch for it. The IE code is definitely one of the browser limitations though. As far as I know, Foscam hasn't released any APIs that allow you to tinker with the sound itself. Everything else can be done as far as moving the camera around and turning the IR on and off and so on. Very nice from my iPad and phone.
And now we can be sure that our kitties are doing well when we're out of town. Yah!
the cameras are awesome for the price and they do a lot! . . . love the motion detection and the emailing capabilities . . . the email took awhile to set up, but dont' be afraid to look up how to do it . . . i got this so i can monitor my dog while i'm away and tried to get the mobile app that it came with to work on my htc g2 android phone but was too troublesome . .. downloaded ip cam viewer from the market and works great for being free or you can buy and get some additional features . . . interface on internet explorer is ok, not amazing or anything . . .
overall, i'm happy with my purchase but i wish the title was more accurate or at least follow through with what you offer . . . 2 stars because i didn't get my product as described in title but i like the product
I have Windows 7 64 Bit, Verizon FIOS wireless router
1. Run the CD and install the software. Follow the instructions.
2. To get your pictures forwarded to your email, start up a FREE email account from [...]. Gmail doesn't work, I didn't try MSN or Yahoo!. I just went ahead and started gmx like some of the online tutorials. Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT-->MAIL SERVICE SETTINGS. Start filling stuff out.
- SMTP Server: mail.gmx.com you can find in your email account under settings where it tells you what it is.
- SMTP Port: 587 - it tells you right below, which number you can use.
- Transport Layer Security: NONE.
- Need Authentication: CHECK - You need access to your email account right? Type in your login and password for your associated email.
- Report Internet IP by mail: CHECK - I'm not sure if you need to, but i just did
- SUBMIT - You have to click Submit FIRST
if your test fails, then try diff combinations of TLS and port.
3. To view your camera on your network, you need to PORT FORWARD. Go to DEVICE MANAGEMENT-->BASIC NETWORK SETTINGS.
- [...] Port: 8090 - per provided instructions.
- Go into whatever router you have, go into settings to find port forward and port forward your camera's IP address to your router.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Could not get the wireless sound to work no matter what I tried as a computer network programmer. No assistance, sent them back and bought another brand with plug and play.Published 4 months ago by Harry S.
The setup is SO difficult on these cameras as to make them virtually useless. After having to earn a PHD setting them up the first time, our wireless router died and upon... Read morePublished 4 months ago by The Den
Bought these to replace a couple of 4 year old Foscams that were used in an unheated garage. Those were subjected to temperatures well below the rated 32F, so hope these last as... Read morePublished 6 months ago by DuWayne
The web interface for Foscam is so buggyand they need to get up with times and get rid of activex. Also passwords are sent in clear text to when logging into the cameras. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Troy
Complicated to set up a real pain, don't wast your money if you not tech savyPublished 10 months ago by Just the facts
I was hoping it would be more user friendly, wanted it so i can check out what's happening around the house when i'm not at home, I can see and control the cameras when i'm at... Read morePublished 12 months ago by Amazon Customer
love them, watch my kids at home, when I am travelling. Set up could be simpler, but once you get it, it is ok.Published 13 months ago by Surinder Singh
Leo, was was fast to fix my problem, and everything is back up and working,, and very happy with these Foscam cameras, ThanksPublished 13 months ago by Jon Peters