Foscam FI9802W H.264 Megapixel Outdoor Wireless IP Camera
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Sony Color CCD Lens for true color video and images
- Fixed 720p HD Video Quality Megapixel Wireless IP camera
- H.264 compression for smoother video feed, smaller file sizes
- 36 IR lights (8 mm) for night vision up to 50 meters
- Fitted with a 4 mm lens for a 54 degree viewing angle | 1280 x 720 Resolution
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
FI9802WS Features: -Camera.-150-ft. night vision.-4mm lens with 54° wide angle viewing.-1.0 megapixel. Color/Finish: -Color: silver.-IR cut filter for true color images. Specifications: -720 TV lines (1280 X 720) resolution. Dimensions: -4.5'' H x 7.3'' W x 10.1'' D, 3.3 lbs. Warranty: -Manufacturer provides 1-year warranty.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I bought this camera to replace 2 8905W cameras I have and like. I wanted a wider camera angle and to be able to set the motion detection area. Both of those features were available with the 9802w and not the 8905w. I only bought 1 instead of 2 up front in case these reviews were accurate. it turns out they were. This is a terrible product for what I wanted to use it for.
1. Wider camera angle than most of these cameras
2. high-def, although you can't really use the high-def over wireless from outside of location. the performance is bad, even over cable modem. The VGA mode works fine
3. Being able to select your motion detection area. Reduces false alerts by 200% in my case.
1. I could connect to the camera via it's http interface once or twice, then never without rebooting it. I enter the password. It spins, then comes back to login.
2. The motion alarm is broken. The first alarm it sent me was a picture of my wife taking the recycle bin out. That is the same 3 pictures it sends me over and over again on any alert. I have to assume that it is something real/live triggering the alert, but I just get the same 3 pictures that are now 4 days old. It makes the camera utterly useless for me.
4. If you try to update this firmware, like some other foscam cameras, you will loose the camera. It will make it unresponsive and you will have to return it.
So in conclusion, if you don't care about the motion email alerts and you don't try to upgrade the firmware you could be happy with this. I have to think that this is an entirely different team working on this software for this camera compared to the previous camera models. The older cameras software just worked. Very disappointing experience from Foscam.
bad: not iphone or ipad compatible, does not work with 64bit IE, time to time the video streaming is very slow.
however the features description said it is iphone, ipad, IE compatible, it is not. I installed Firefox on my win8 and winsurface to get it work and i have to see the ipaddress trouhg my router because the ipfinder tool does not work on 64bit system. I have iphone and ipad-mini and I could not see video, just the configuration page (I tried with safari an skyfire). Finally, the streaming video from time to time gets slowly. So, this camera is not ready for customer with up to date equipments.
Cons: The video feed is not compatible with iPhone. If you intend to buy this with using an iDevice in-mind, don't bother. It won't work. Also, I could not find a way to record alarm video to my mac. The software wouldn't allow a valid path to be set. It is somewhat larger than the earlier Foscam cameras and I do not like the mounting bracket included.
Pros: the HD video is of higher quality the some of Foscams earlier models, but it is still somewhat blurry. Also, you can utilize the multi-camera function on a MAC now using this device (instead of being limited to ActiveX via Internet Explorer.)
This was my fifth Foscam device purchased. While the earlier models certainly aren't perfect (and the user manual is VERY difficult to understand due to language barriers), the 8XXX series at least work for my purposes. ...and they are half the price. This model isn't worth your time until Foscam addresses their issues.