BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 2, 2017
I bought this in 2013 according to Amazon's order history. It didn't help the camera I had back then and then I forgot I had it. Just tried it tonight on my Amcrest 943 outdoor camera and at first it decreased wifi signal from 67% to 63% according to my Amplifi HD mesh router. But moving it around to sideways angle, it is able to increase signal from the original 67% to 70% and stay there.

So I guess it technically works. The improvement might be more noticeable if you have a weaker signal situation than I do.
on August 29, 2014
The product Is compatible with my Fujikam IP camera - having the same SMA connector, and allows me to now move my camera to the the opposite end of the house and receive a signal. The signal quality is sufficient to pan and tilt almost at will on the lowest resolution setting, and then view the details upon switching to HD. For myself, this inexpensive add-on solved a major drawback in the usage of an IP camera, which is the limited range and spotty reception due to the structural makeup of my dwelling. And because it is so inexpensive in relation to the camera, for most people it should be worth a try.
on January 3, 2014
I had one camera at the far corner of my house that would at times, disappear from my list of cameras. I purchased this mixed review antenna figuring I had a 50/50 chance of solving my problem. Well the camera has not gone missing from my list since I put it on the camera. I really did not see the specs of this antenna anywhere and it is a lot longer than I assume, (15 inches). The only issue (others mentioned it) is that you can not tighten it enough to stop it from drooping the threads stop too soon. Major design flaw. I was able to get mine to stand up with a little finagling. Bottom line, it did what I needed it to do.
on September 11, 2012
I am using 4 of these and would order more of them if I have a problem with any future Foscam FI8910 that I purchase. The Foscams that were at the greatest distance from my WiFi hub were unreliable with the video going in and out unpredictably. By switching out the short antenna to these expanders I got reliable video from all my Foscams using them. However, i still have problems sending pan and scan control signals to those cameras. They respond, but slowly and not to ever command that I send. At least once I get them aimed properly they deliver a reliable video signal with these Antenna Expanders which they did not do without them.
44 comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 7, 2017
Purchased it not knowing how huge it is. I'm unable to use it because of where my camera is mounted and I didn't want to hang it pointing down. Check the dimensions in US measurements to see the size before purchasing. I can however say that a relative purchased one as well. His experience was good and extended range and elimination of dropouts resulted.
on August 28, 2015
First off ....I bought this because I was having an issue with a Foscam camera (F19831P). It is placed about 25 feet from the router but with three (3) thick walls and a solid beam between them and I would lose the signal often enough to make it an issue. I used the extra length of this antenna to reach beyond the beam and seems to have solved my issue. Yes, the antenna is long/heavy enough that it must be placed just right to stand up, but I easily over came that by propping it against a small nail.

As for Epic Video, from whom this was purchased, the shipping was quick and the order arrived in great shape. This is the first time I have used them, but I will not hesitate to use them in the future.

All said, I give this a 5 out of 5 rating.
on March 20, 2017
i am getting intermittent signals from a distant wireless outdoor camera so i thought i would try a bigger antenna. it did not fit on my FOSCAM FI9900P camera. the connection is too big/bulky to screw it on straight. instead, i tried to use it on my router instead and lost the signal completely. not sure if it is the products fault, but did not expect a total loss of signal.

Foscam FI9900P Outdoor HD 1080P Wireless Plug and Play IP Camera (Silver)
on January 14, 2014
I have the camera on the corner of the house. I'm only getting .5 fps with 23 kb receiving at my router. HORRIBLE. I bought this antenna to try and get a stronger wireless signal. The antenna will NOT fit the camera. The lock-down ring is too big for the camera antenna mounting hole. So, you get "NO SIGNAL". I wiggled and finagled the connection and got it to "touch" enough to transmit a signal and I rocketed to 3 fps with 70 kb, still not enough to capture anything that walked through the vision of the camera unless they stopped in front of the camera.

This was a total waste of money. This antenna is billed as a "fit" for the outdoor cameras but that is a crock!

Do NOT buy this antenna for the outdoor cameras. It will only fit the indoor cameras.
on January 6, 2017
Absolutely works! I did not get any reception at 100 feet in my chicken coops with my older Foscam wifi cameras until I added these. However, my newer foscam cameras (Foscam FI9816P) work at 100 feet without these. They seem to have better reception. However, in bad weather, these pull in the signal on the new cameras where i would usually lose reception, so I use them. Plus, I can get reception at 150 feet with this antenna and the newer cameras. Well worth the money.
on October 11, 2013
I bought this to use with my Foscam FI8918W Wireless/Wired Pan & Tilt IP/Network Camera with 8 Meter Night Vision and 3.6mm Lens. I was having distance issues and not able to get a link with my Fios Westell Router. After attaching this Expander I saw instant results. I essentially doubled my range. Please take note. Your link will not just instantly connect. You will have to experiment a little to see what works for you. What I mean is start the camera first or run the software first. In my case I plugged in the power adapter to the camera and then ran the IP Camera software tool. It will take a while for the link to establish. Be patient. Also you might experience some latency between the software controls for pan and tilt and the camera the futher the distance. Obstructions, walls, other RF devices in your area will also contribute to your performance. I'll end with it has worked for me. Reasonable price. Very fast shipping.