Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

VINE VOICEon July 29, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
There are plenty of things to admire about the a Fossil FS4375 Brown Leather Watch. Firstly, it a gorgeous watch that oozes class. The Roman numerals give it a simple, elegant charm. Others have noted its difficult to see the hands, but for me it wasn't really an issue. I could read them without any issue. The brown leather a silver compliment each other nicely The presentation on this watch is outstanding. It looks much more expensive than it actually is. Class, class, class.

But, as mentioned, I don't know that I love this watch. My hesitance? Well, I was surprised by just the size of the watch face. It's pretty much as wide as my forearm/wrist area (I uploaded a photo for reference). It felt far too large. This is a personal preference, of course, and I do have smaller wrists, but be aware the face is large. I also had a struggle getting it the fit properly. It's either too tight or too loose. There's no middle ground. Too loose and it sliders around. Too tight and it's uncomfortable. I'll probably need to get a new band for it.

I do recommend this watch, it's probably just not the right watch for me. If you're able to try one on before buying, I highly recommend it.
on January 18, 2013
The beige face and the brown strap was the main reason I was attracted to this watch. The texture of the leather strap looks even nicer in person and is soft yet sturdy. The brushed stainless steel around the sides of the frame is a subtle yet nice change from the steel that wraps the face.

The time is very easy to read and the Chronograph is nice. The watch seems solid yet light. I've only worn it for one day but it looks like it might hold up.
on July 10, 2015
My fiance loves his leather watch, I knew the 4 was gonna be odd (IIII instead of IV) but neither of us mind. It's held up for over a year in perfect condition. Love it. Attached is a photo for size reference.
on April 19, 2015
I liked it so much..everything is perfect, very good quality, thank you Fossil and Amazon for the service!
on February 14, 2014
This watch is such a beautiful time piece. I have received so many compliments on it by complete strangers. After seeing it at the fossil store, I was hooked. Thanks amazon for giving me a better price than the store as well. The back straps are interchangeable, though i wouldn't want to get rid of the gorgeous brown leather ones. The face is a cream color with excellent detail and craftsmanship, and the roman numerals look fantastic and high quality. No back light feature but the hands glow in the dark very well. The buttons on top and below the adjustment knob are for timing. I don't care who you are or how much money you make, this watch is classy but still able to be worn in regular attire. To this day I haven't found a watch I like more.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
While I realize that watches have become less fashionable in recent years (everyone just uses their phone these days), I still like the old school appeal of having a nice time piece. I discovered the Fossil brand about twenty years ago, and fell in love with the watches they had to offer. Over the years, I have accumulated many Fossil watches and have been a faithful loyalist to their offerings. I'm not sure if they exist anymore, but I even used to frequent a Fossil store in Los Angeles back in the day! I'm saying this to calibrate my review of the Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather watch. Being a Fossil enthusiast, I can say that this version has everything I like in a watch but it also leaves me slightly disappointed.

Pros:
1) Size: This Fossil watch has a substantial face, but isn't overly large or heavy. It's what I would consider a real guy's watch and I think it's just about perfect from a sizing standpoint.
2) Appearance: The dial numbers are written in a stylish Roman Numeral format that classes up the appearance. And the face is surrounded by a polished stainless that I really like.
3) Band: I think one of the reasons I always gravitated to Fossil were that I liked their selection of leather bands for watches. I never really cared for a metallic band, thinking that leather was both more comfortable and better looking (my opinion only). This leather is a light brown with a stitch detail and is just a nice heavy and solid band. Like I said, a real guy's watch.

Indifferent:
1) Stop Watch: The face also contains a small stop watch dial in the center that can be utilized through the watch's buttons. While I don't have anything against this feature (it's kind of cool), it doesn't add a whole lot of utility as I could just watch the actual second hand for the same results.
2) Packaging Tin: Nice enough, but lid should secure better.

Cons:
1) Other Functions: The watch also has two other interior dials, which enhance the appearance, but I'm simply not sure what to use them for or how to use them. I believe one is the 30 minute chronograph, but no instructions indicate how it should be used. I thought "Oh, cool" and went to the pamphlet provided to give me the down low on these little guys, but there is no practical information provided. Big miss.

Truthfully, I don't really need anything but the time from a wristwatch and I really like this Fossil from an aesthetic standpoint. For me, it's an easy recommendation. It's not the nicest watch I've owned. But it is both stylish and extremely wearable in both casual and dress situations. KGHarris, 7/14.
on June 13, 2015
Beautiful watch. Big faces are in lately, and though this can fit into that category, it is very sleek and elegant, and does not feel that big actually. I must have, especially for its price (high 80's).
Note: It took me a second to realize that the top left subdial is actually part of the chronograph addition the watch has... It counts the minutes for the every 60 second rotation the bottom subdial does.
on August 15, 2014
This is a fantastic watch. The dial is a great size - just big enough to avoid looking gaudy and not so small to look feminine. The strap is 100% genuine leather and feels like it belongs on a more expensive watch. I bought this watch about a year ago on Amazon and it was around $85.

I've received numerous remarks on how classy the Grant looks. Pair this elegant watch with an equally elegant suit and matching shoes and let the compliments roll in.
VINE VOICEon March 7, 2014
Fossil FS4735 Grant Brown Leather Watch [509 - 03-07-2014]

Over the last 8 years I have acquired 6 Fossil watches either through outright purchase or as a gift. FYI all are still running and keep good time - I have only had to replace the batteries about every 18 months to two years.

I have also purchased 5 as gifts for my spouse and they too are still working.

I am not a collector but admire the Fossil watch designs and felt it was time to acquire a new timepiece for myself. I am partial to leather straps and large faces so the FS4735 design appealed to this consumer.

For the price, workmanship and eye appeal I would recommend this item if your looking for a similar watch. The retail price of this item is $105 and that is what the local Macy's and Lord and Taylor was selling it for. I paid $77 with free Prime shipping - thank you Amazon!
on March 26, 2014
This watch has been with me everywhere for the past two years. It has survived underwater shipwrecks while scuba diving, handled flawlessly at altitudes of thirty-thousand feet, and kept working after countless drops to the ground. Also, as of this day, the watch hasn't needed a battery or strap replacement once after daily usage. You must note, and this does in fact bother me, that the number 4 is not written correctly. No one can regret buying this time piece, and you won't either.