Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Fossil Men's JR1354 Nate Stainless Steel Chronograph Watch with Black Leather Band
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports STEM

on November 27, 2014
very nice I really love this watch and I am using everyday, nothing to complain
review image
on August 16, 2013
I was looking for something with subdued colors as I normally wear darker clothing, as well as something that stresses function over fashion while still looking nice. This totally hit the nail on the head. I was worried the face would be far too large and look silly, but I was wrong. I think it looks great on me and my frame (6' 215lbs, for reference).

While it is difficult to read in low light situations, this has not been a big con for me as I normally carry a small streamlight torch as well.

I've received several compliments on this watch and would highly recommend it to anybody that finds it appealing.
on October 9, 2013
I have owned this watch for about 3 months, the first week I got I couldn't stand the way it felt on my wrist, the loop that holds down the excess band is a bit sharp and was always digging into my wrist and the band wasn't flexible and put pressure in places I would rather not have it. Well there was a simple cure to each, simply take excess band loop off and it instantly feels 100 times more comfortable as there is nothing digging into your wrist and there is no 3mm bulge that ruins comfort, the tail does stick out a bit without it but it isn't all that noticeable.

The band was very stiff at first, so the other thing that helped comfort was working in the leather by bending back and forth and rolling up each side like a fruit roll up back and forth, do this for about 15 minutes 3 or 4 times in the first week and the band will be well broken in and comfortable. Tip, the watch band is extreme easy to remove as Fossil has a convenient little bar that sticks out of the strap, removing it takes about 2 seconds, putting it on takes about 5 seconds, very easy.

After doing both of those things the comfort is a night and day difference and almost feels like it isn't there.

Now onto aesthetics, this watch is big, simple, manly and unique. To be perfectly honest I looked through hundreds of pages on Amazon and other sites for watches and the few that I liked out of many thousand watches I can count with one hand, the simple fact is that they all look the same and if they didn't have label you wouldn't tell the difference and they all just look so generic no matter the price.

The Fossil Nate series just caught my eye like no other. Out of the countless thousands I looked at, no matter the price, I would take this watch over a Rolex because I like it that much. Same to say for almost every watch in the Nate series. I would would DEFINITELY buy another one. They really covered the bases with the Nate series with many faces and bands and different casing looks such as black, stainless, smoked stainless, titanium, rose gold, burnished silver, burnished gold. I am currently thinking about buying the burnished silver or burnished gold version (looks like an old old compass) because they too look unbelievably good.

It has lasted well with time, its been 3 months and I bang it into things all the time and it still looks as good as day 1. On a hot day, like most watches, you will sweat a bit and may have to take it off and clean the back casing and band a bit.

To be perfectly honest, I never use the chronograph feature. Also worth noting, the number ring does rotate counter clockwise so you can use it to count down as well as count up with the chronograph.

*comfort 5 stars after a few modifications
*looks, hell I'll break the 5 star barrier and gives it 6 stars
*durability 5 stars

I would recommend this watch to anyone thats looking to stray from the norm' and get something that stands out from the crowd.
on May 14, 2014
Bought this for a Christmas gift. This s a very large watch. Lucky for me husband is a tall guy. Looks normal on him. I was horribly afraid I would have to return it once I saw how huge it was and not on husband's arm. Husband loves it. Uses it all the time.
on February 9, 2015
Amazing watch! Big and I love it!
review image
on April 23, 2014
Solid watch. A gift from my wife and easily became my favorite watch to wear. Great for any occasion really. The face is a bit bigger (which I like a lot) with nice thick and wide belts. A little bit of heft to it (which I also like). Solid movement and durable (I've bumped it a lot). Holds up well. Looks great on my wrist :)
on October 7, 2012
Love oversize watches. Love black. This one is great value.
I had to change the leather strap cause they always eventually smell, so purchased a very nice rubber strap from amazon.
For the price, this one rocks.
If u have more budget, look at the luminox 1881(usd 450). Similar... Slightly nicer, 3x the price...
on December 28, 2015
Hey! Do you want to look awesome and manly. In search of a watch with just enough presence and no need for "bling" to show off how insanely boss you are? Looking for a way to tell the world I am a sophisticated man who can read a clean clock face but laid back with a casual strap. Then buy this watch and punch time in the face!

Great build and quality you'd expect from Fossil.
Shipping was great and on time.
Was $30.00 cheaper here on Amazon than at the outlet when I purchased. They said they would price match but I wanted to leave a review plus Amazon is great. It makes everything feel like getting a present in the mail. I digress. Watch is good and if I lost you just reread the first part of this review!
on May 3, 2016
My husband loves this watch. He has broken quite a few watches in the past since he has a pretty hands on job. However this one is holding up nicely. He has banged it on some metal at work quite few times and it still looks great. He also likes that he has the date on it as well.
on April 24, 2015
I have a bunch of high end watches, but this is my favorite. It's cheap enough that I don't care about it, but it looks downright amazing. The band is way to stiff, I am hoping it loses up a bit as I wear it for a while. The face is huge. It is a bit difficult to see since the writing is black on a black background. Loving it so far!