Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 180 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 185 reviews
Enthusiast: Photographyon September 24, 2013
The packaging was simple but was surprised at how well the velcro with the rubber friction pad stuck on the head of my Yongnuo YN-560II flash head.

How it works:
The velcro with rubber backing wraps around the flash head. It should fit most flash out there as there's plenty of room for heads that are bigger. The second piece has two compartments with two velcro strips that attach to the head. One compartment to hold the CTO gels and another transparent compartment is used to hold the gel in place. You can stack the gel sheet as there's enough room.

Colors:
The dark red seen in the photo does in fact does give very distinct red hue. Lightest yellow has subtle warmer tone and the solid yellow gives more distinct warming effect. I haven't tried all the colors but will definitely add more cool or warm contrast depending on the light condition, create a nice background if not do some wild post processing effects. Looking forward to using this often!
on November 11, 2015
I used these to balance a flash at a wedding, I needed the light to match the warmer ambient light at the party. This was so that I could use rear curtain flash and a slow shutter to add atmosphere to the images. (For people just starting with flash this means that instead of a brightly lit subject swallowed up by darkness you get a brightly lit subject that is in a visible environment. ) I only recently started picking up wedding work on the side (I've mostly done studio/fine art stuff before this) so I didn't have a huge budget. You don't really need a huge budget for filters. These work and they are easy to attach. I haven't used most of these colors but it's nice to have options.
review image review image
on October 5, 2013
I must say, this is an interesting design for filter application.

The only issue I found with this product is that the filters are a little thin and kind of difficult to slip in/out of the sleeve. Other than this, these seem to work fine.

Pros:
- Inexpensive
- Comes with a decent number of filters
- Innovative design

Cons:
- Filters too thin/flimsy
- A little difficult to insert and remove filters from pouches
on February 23, 2015
I've been enjoying these flash filters a great deal. They add a lot more character to my photos. Yes they are cheap and the attachment is as well but they are easy to use and I don't mind if they get torn up since they didn't cost much.
review image review image
on September 14, 2013
This was a perfect product.. I have used it to create a pure blue background behind a bartender to creating multi colored bubblegum splash behind a fashion model for a commercial shoot.. I love these little things.. These have definitely taken my strobe work to another level.. I don't use these to correct or compensate colors, but to destroy and create, which is amazing!
on April 7, 2015
The colors were much better than other filters we tried www.facebook.com/lfactorphotography for more pics.
review image
I bought these because they were cheap and I thought someday I may use them. Then one day I was taking some pictures of a band wearing black against a black background and remembered I had these. What a difference! Mounted on a small flash right behind the band, it added purple to the black background creating a nice contrast. Yeah, they're a bit cheap, but they work great when you need them.
on August 21, 2015
Inexpensive set of filters for my collection of flashguns.
Will I use all of these?
Of course not, but I will certainly use the Orange and Straw (CTO/CTS and their variants) and a blue, a green and a red.
Even like that these are simple to use and come with a pouch and a strap to attach the gels in front of you flash.
A word of caution, though: don't shoot too powerful flash too repeatedly through dark filters, they have to absorb the energy corresponding to the light filtered out (this is how a filter works, after all) and they would melt.
on April 12, 2016
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this gel set. Very easy to use, pretty good quality gels in and of themselves (not flimsy or felt like they would rip with usage). Popped easily on top of my flash (Neewer Speedlights) with the band that comes on it. I even used my snoot with the gels and band, and everything fit like a glove. The colors are VERY vivid and bright. You have a ton of options to choose from color wise, I was actually quite surprised. Everything from throwing color into a scene, or even correcting color to a degree if you know what you're doing. I attached a few pics because I couldn't resist playing with them as soon as they arrive. I shot these in my VERY BRIGHTLY LIT white walled living room, two lights only. Strobe and the speedlight. The dark background w/ pink on the mannequin head had the snoot attached, the other two had the speedlight placed on the back wall to change color. Pretty damn awesome as you can see with this absolutely 100% bare minimum, no frills, set up. Worth every penny. I might get another set just to have a back-up in case I lose a gel or something typically clumsy lol.
review image review image review image
on July 16, 2014
The gels work very well. Served my purpose. See my photo
review image