Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 27 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on August 14, 2016
The package arrived way ahead of schedule, excellent, and was not quite what I expected. Never the less it is an excellent set of tools for the camera. Since I already have another device that provides automatic opening of the lens cover, and it occupies the same threads, I can' t install this without removing the device that provides automatic opening of the lens cover. The priority goes to the automatic lens cover, which is more valuable to me. At some point I may need to remove it temporarily to use this lens shade and filter, so it will be in my camera bag.
on April 18, 2016
I have a Nikon Coolpix P7800, it was a gift and being shipped so I hadn't personally seen the camera when I ordered this. I bought this because having a UV filter on a camera to protect the lens is something I consider vital. However when it arrived I tried it on the camera and it is way to large. Its too bad because it seems like a good quality filter, the size is 58mm and the Nikon P7800 requires a 40.5 filter. I don't know why this is advertised to work for that camera. Will be returning immediately
on November 15, 2015
Well doggone, this is one handy kit. Everything fits perfectly (good machining). The lens filter is of nice quality. The lens shade is metal. The little cover even includes a cord and pre-drilled hole so you can secure the filter to the strap clip and not worry about losing the snap cover. This is a nicely designed and executed filter/cover kit. I am glad I bought it.
on January 24, 2011
Excellent "package". The adapter fits perfectly; it allowed the UV filter to be mounted and that in turn allowed me to add an older 58mm screw-in lens shade that I already had from a Canon A-1. The snap on lens cap then fit perfectly inside the lens shade. This inexpensive kit allowed me to configure my Canon SX30 IS just like I wanted. Other 58 mm filters that I have can be exchanged relatively easily. The camera lens is now protected, the camera will shoot in sunny situations (or the shade can be easily removed) and the only drawback is that the lens cap doesn't say "Canon". Nice, reasonably priced kit that does what it says it will do.....and more.
on April 2, 2014
I really like this lens hood and filter kit. I plan on using it without the lens cap, especially when I travel. I like the convenience of having the camera close at hand and grabbing images when they present themselves, without fussing with a lens cap. The hood and filter should be able to protect the lens from the dust and bumps that usually occur while traveling. The filter is a lot easier to clean and cheaper to replace than your camera lens.
on August 30, 2014
The lens hood & cap were my reasons for this purchase, and they are very much worth the money. Filters thread easily onto the hood, and the cap fits well, and stays put. To be honest, I don't even remember what I did with the 3rd piece; must have chucked it.
As with most things any more, the price asked for the name brand version of the very same item is an insult. Buy this and be happy.
on January 16, 2014
I purchased this for my new Nikon P7800 camera. This adaptor allows for the use of a polarizing filter which is the most important accessory you can have for outdoor photography. The adaptor also provides good lens protect even without a filter in place. The Fotasy adaptor is very wall made and finished, and cost is less than ½ of the Nikon product.
on October 19, 2015
Just as described. The lens hood fits the P7800 perfectly, and looks well made and durable, with a nice smooth finish. The clear glass filter and the lens cap are a nice bonus, and the whole package is much less expensive than the Nikon hood alone. I can't see any reason to pay more.
on February 3, 2015
I noticed a shadow in the bottom right of the pictures from the lens/flash interaction. Yes, I know this is intended for outdoor/sunlight use, but I kept it on to protect the lens during events at night or indoors...and every picture had to be cropped to remove the shadow. Just a heads up!
on July 6, 2013
An inexpensive 'must have' to protect that SX50's Lens from the elements and the subjects being photographed! Once in awhile the lower quality of the filter 'confuses' the focus sensor and you get a 'pattern' over your intended photo...but this is quickly remedied by being alert and taking another shot!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.