2-Year Camera Protection Planfrom Assurant
- Accidental damage starts day one; mechanical and electrical failures are covered after the manufacturer's warranty expires.
- Delivered by e-mail; register and file claims online or by phone.
- Free 2-way shipping for repairs.
- Fully transferable if you give as a gift.
- By purchasing this eligible product and service plan on Amazon, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the Servicer product and price information to administer the plan
Fotasy LP150 Lens Plate Quick Release Arca Swiss Compact for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Sony DSLRs (Black)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Arca-Swiss design, It fits all the Arca-type quick release adapters, which are made by many different companies such as Acratech, Arca-Swiss, Foba, Graf/Studio ball, Gitzo, Novo flex, NPC and Wimberley
- This LP Series quick release plate for lenses is made of satin black anodized aluminum
- Dual Safety Stops. The safety stops at the front & back of the lens plate prohibit your lens from accidentally slipping out of the quick release adapter(easily removed with supplied hex wrench if desired)
- Works with All Common Flash Brackets. Drilled holes accept flash arms from Kirk & Really Right Stuff. Dimension (H x L x W) : 11.80MM x 150MM x 38.10 mm
- Brand Fotasy
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
|Item Dimensions||4 x 1 x 8 inches|
|Shipping Weight||0.3 pounds|
150MM Lens Plate Quick Release Arca Swiss Compact for Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sigma, Sony tele lenses. This LP Series quick release plate for lenses is made of satin black anodized aluminum, with anti-twist flanges to trace the edges of the lens" tripod collar.
Top customer reviews
Case in point is the G7x I am using which has the tripod screw very close the the door covering battery & SD-card.
Unlike other plates, this uses a hex-screw instead of a slotted screw-head. Now you have to carry their hex-key with you to remove the plate whenever you need to access the battery or card. with a slotted screw, you could have used a coin from your wallet.
It fits on the tripod heads I have
The rail DOES NOT block movement of the rear LCD of the G7x
There are many factors that prevent 'Arca Swiss' products working with each other. In this case, the protuding pins at the bottom of this plate (the 40mm one) prevent it working with many brands. Also, the little 'wing' type things underneath don't seem to be the 'standard' size.
If you have a bunch of pro equipment, just don't expect this to work with other things labelled 'Arca Swiss'. :-)
Bought this EzFoto Arca-Swiss Type Quick Release Plate with a slight degree of skepticism, wondering if and how it would work. It's fine that they list it as being for Canon, Nikon, Sony, Pentax, Olympus,Panasonic and Fuji cameras, but my doubts were lessened somewhat when I noticed that the description claimed compatibility with "Arca-Swiss" type quick release plates from Arca-Swiss, Foba, Graff, Wimberley, etc. My subjective needs were specific: I wanted a back-up plate for my Vanguard BBH-200 Tripod Head, a ball head that comes with its own Quick Shoe, so I had a standard with which to compare it.
◆ In Use:
This Arca-Swiss Type Quick Release Plate comes in a plain white generic box. The first thing noticed was the precision-machined aluminum with its satin black anodized finish. It has four rubberized grip pads on the top of the plate, and a standard ¼"-20 camera mounting screw. It's easily mounted to the camera with a small coin.
This mounting plate seems to follow the Arca-Swiss standard quite well, with a 38mm x 38mm mount base, and it's complete with 45° dovetail, which is held into place on the ball head receiver with its screw clamp. Have used it with the Vanguard BBH-200 ball head, and since that has its own Arca-Swiss standard mount plates, it would fit the Vanguard BBH-100 and BBH-300 as well, along with most other tripod heads that follows that Arca-Swiss standard geometry.
Some tripod heads such as the Vanguard BBH-series and many others incorporate a small fail-safe device to keep the plates from sliding out accidentally. If the plate receiver isn't fully clamped, it's possible that the plate with the attached camera could slide out of the receiver completely, resulting in costly damage to your gear. This EzFoto Quick Release Plate follows the Arca-Swiss standard by providing the necessary machining on the underside to help prevent such accidents.
This plate has enough of a platform base that it would be good with just about any DSLR or compact camera that has a standard ¼"-20 tripod mount. Users with long telephoto lenses that have collar mounts may want to consider a heftier mount plate, but for general use, this one has proven to be excellent.
The EzFoto Arca-Swiss Type Quick Release Plate has proven to be a good one for DSLRs, providing a secure and convenient base. It's also proven quite useful for quick mounting advanced compacts such as the Nikon P7700 when trying to create panoramic photos without a lot of fiddling around. It's a well crafted quick release plate for many true Arca-Swiss type mounts, and the price is right.
I'm not a fan of rubber on Arca style plates but for my purpose it works well. I have it mounted on a bellows and that way I can use it on my geared head that has an Arca style clamp. The plate is longer than my clamp which allows a bit of forward backward movement. In hindsight I should have bought one of the longer clamps to allow more sliding adjustment.