Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Foto&Tech FTML-L3 Wireless Shutter Release Remote For Nikon D750, D5500, D5300, D610, D7200, D7100, D3400, D3300, D3000, D3200, D5200 D5100 D5000 D7000 D60 D80 D90 D600, Nikon 1 V3 + Foto&Tech Bag
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on December 3, 2013
This wireless shutter release remote works exactly as described, an excellent product. Also, kudos to FotoTech for their first rate customer support. Last night at 8:30 after testing this shutter remote release with a D600 I erroneously thought the product didn't work as described. So, I dutifully posted a 1-star review on Amazon. Imagine my pleasant surprise when first thing this morning I had an email from FotoTech that (1) apologized for the inconvenience, (2) assured me that the product does indeed work on a D600, (3) included additional instructions on how to make it function with that camera, and (4) offered to provide me a full refund no questions asked. Sure enough, the fault was mine for missing a camera setting. This evening I corrected the setting and my remote works flawlessly. I would absolutely purchase from this company again.
44 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2013
Works like the real McCoy with my Nikon D3200!

I even had a usage problem. I emailed FotoTech and got back a quick response that resolved the issue.

What's not to like!
77 comments| 46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2015
Works very well with both Nikon DSLRs we have (D750 and D3200), both in front and in the back of the cameras. All modes (focus, delay) work. Comes with a battery and carrying pouch. There is virtually no difference in range or angle of reception between this and our Nikon ML-L3.
on January 16, 2016
I got this for my Nikon D3300 and let me tell you it works like a charm like its so easy to use, and there really is no setup or configuration. I not sure of the rage but it was doing really well at 30 feet. Not much to say about this its a great thing to have for a Nikon Dslr camera.

The picture I included is what I did with the remote just to show like a example, to show that you can take picture of yourself and the remote is so small it fits in your hand like nothing is there.

Pros-

Cons-
None
review image
on November 18, 2013
The item work great after setting my nikon d5200 to the wireless setting for the remote. Would recommend to a freind.
on June 9, 2014
This product shipped very quickly and arrived in great shape. It works just as advertised and has about the distance advertised. I wish it reached a bit further, but given that it advertised 16 ft, I can't complain. When actually using this product, it requires direct line-of-sight to the camera which can results in a slightly awkward pose being necessary in order for the camera to "see" the remote. That isn't a complaint against the product as this is a given with this type of remote, but just a heads up for anybody looking to buy one of these, you'll have to have a hand free to point the remote at the camera.
on August 15, 2014
I was searching for a wireless shutter release remote for my Nikon D7100 and I came across FotoTech FTML-L3 remote.
I was not sure if I wanted to but a wired remote or wireless remote but after going through several reviews, I realized what I needed. I generally go with OEM's for my purchases but with so many reviews and such low price, it was worth giving a try.

The remote was delivered within time and when I opened the package, I was surprised to see the size of the remote. It was really tiny and super light weight and convenient. The package did not arrived with instructions but honestly, you do not not need any instruction to operate this remote. I have read many people complaining about the remote not working but I think unless they got got a lemon, it is the camera setting.

After I turned on the setting on my camera, it worked flawlessly. I am happy with this purchase and I am hoping that the battery doesn't run out of juice soon. I haven't had chance to use it much but I am certain that I will it use it every time I mount my camera on the tripod.

Likes -

1. Tiny size and fits any pocket
2. Good response time
3. Good range
4. Good build quality

Dislikes -
1. A power sliding switch would have been a plus to protect battery
2. The cover that came with remote could have been of better quality
3. "For Nikon" font size could have been small. The current font size gives a cheap look

I would certainly recommend this over the OEM if you want to save some money (I haven't used the OEM, but I am sure that this will solve the purpose at half the price of OEM).
on February 21, 2014
works great, and at a fraction of the cost of Nikon's
I will now be able to be in some of the fun shots
on February 3, 2014
I love my ML-L3 wireless remote.
It connected easily with my D7100 without any glitches. The price is unbeatable and Foto Tech delivered my remote a day earlier. Great product and Great Service.
on September 5, 2015
The manufacturer says this is short range, maybe 16 feet, so it is good for remote releasing the shutter at close range for group pictures with you, the photographer in it or getting bird pictures without scaring the bird off.. It does not work well through windows or around walls and so forth. I took this picture using it. For short money it does what it says it will do, just don't expect more.
review image