Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Fotodiox Pro 5x7' 2-in-1 Black/White Collapsible B...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 58% off the $99.95 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Fotodiox Pro 5x7' 2-in-1 Black/White Collapsible Background Panel
|Price:||$53.24 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pro-grade material, heavy duty construction
- Collapsible for portability
- Black and white background for location job
- Includes a 24 month manufacturer warranty
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Item Weight||1 pound|
|Shipping Weight||4.95 pounds|
The perfect solution for the photographer on the go; black on one side and white on the other, ideal for a quick backdrop or to reflect light or add shadows as needed. Spring steel outer ring pops open to hold the material tight. Folds down to a compact 30"x30" disc with included carrying case.
Top Customer Reviews
I had to rearrange my home studio once I saw the issue, and since my space is limited, I actually can't move it far enough back to completely hide them. The "soft focus" wrinkles provide a slight texture to the background, which is acceptable to my eye, though not the look I had originally intended. How far back will depend on a bunch of factors including the brightness of your lights (brighter lights = smaller aperture = more depth of field). With my setup, I've had to move it 3' behind the subject, which is all the space I have, and I would prefer another foot.
FOLDING INSIGHT, added Dec 2012: Recently took the background into the field for the first time and had to deal with folding it up. Despite viewing several different youTubes, this turned out to be quite challenging (as others have noted). However, after much trial and error (mostly error) I discovered something that helped me fold the thing consistently, once I understood it.
The frame of the backdrop is a flat metal band sewn inside the muslin. Think of it as having an "exterior" surface and an "interior surface". When you fold the thing, it's important to grasp the band strongly enough so that it doesn't twist. As you fold the backdrop over itself, keep the exterior of the band pressed against the palms of BOTH hands. This is what causes the backdrop to curl up into the round shape you need to place it back in the case. If you let the band twist inside the muslin so that one hand is pressing against the original "exterior", and the other against the original "interior" (which is what it "wants" to do) the backdrop doesn't curl up, and remains an awkward and stubborn object. It requires a fair amount of hand and arm strength to make it work: I'm 6'3" and powerfully built (though pushing 60) and found it somewhat challenging. I'm sure many people will find it difficult to impossible to fold by themselves.
1. On the white side of the backdrop I have two visible seams in the muslin and the cloth slightly changes color at one of the seams. The only reason I will not send it back is that it does work for the project I need it for as the background will be slightly washed and the seams will not show. If I were using this for any other project where the seams might show I would be disappointed and it would have gone back immediately. There are seams on the black side as well but I can't see them ever showin up in any image.
2. This backdrop is not 5' by 7' as advertised. It is actually 4ft 11in x 6ft 6in. Not a big difference on the short side but 4 inches is a little to much rounding for me on the tall side. This extra difference did sway me to purchase this backdrop over another one that was advertised as 6 1/2 ft tall. I feel a little deceived in this aspect.
I had no trouble folding this backdrop but I could see were someone with a smaller build may have trouble (I am 6ft 2in). To fold it up, set it down on its side (where its 5 ft tall) grab both sides, bring them together folding one hand under the other and it should fall into place.
Construction is very good. Seems like it would last a while.
Folds up nice and small
Inexpensive. (Only reason it gets three stars and not two)
Seams visible on white side, slightly discolored at one seam.
NOT 5ft X 7ft! Mine was 4ft 11in x 6ft 6in
Personally I will keep this because it works for the particular project I purchased it for and sending it back would be more hassel than its worth, but if this were for general use I would have sent it back and purchased a different brand.