Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 151 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 154 reviews
on June 21, 2012
As the title suggests, this set of reflectors is perfect for portrait work. Since that's why I bought them, this turned out to be a great purchase. I was a bit concerned that the 22" size might not be big enough...but it is. Anything larger would be almost unusable for portraits. Granted, if you aren't taking typical portrait shots, than a larger size might be necessary. The 22" model will definitely not reflect on a full length shot of someone standing. At best, if the subject is seated you will be able to get most of the body...and all of the body if the subject is hugging their knees lol. But that's beside the point. If you purchase these with portrait photography in mind, you will not be disappointed. This also comes with a zippered bag to store the reflector in.

***UPDATE****
Contrary to my statement above, I have found it possible to reflect enough light for a full length shot. Still haven't found an effective way to light a whole group, but with one person, and a ton of strong direct sunlight, I was able to light a full length shot. You just have to be standing far enough away.
on July 10, 2013
I like this product, because I can use it to give my subjects catchlights in their eyes. It can also be used to light up a dimly lit area if there is directional light nearby. It is small, and it's easy to use. The different colors on the reflector are actually like a skin that you zip and unzip around a frame. The only thing is, you have to have someone else use this while you take the photos. This is really good quality for a really great price. Also, it is easily portable. It folds down into a circle no more than ruler's length across. So it doesn't take up a lot of room, if you're having to haul your equipment around and are only photography one to three people.
Compact enough to easily take along just about anywhere. There's nothing worse then getting to a location for a shoot and then thinking "I should have brought the reflectors...". With this size it can easily be attached to a camera bag. The size may not be optimal for full length portraits, but it's much better then no reflector! I like having the five options all in one package as well.
on December 19, 2013
These reflectors seem well made and if handled with a degree of care will probably handle my needs for years. I wanted these 22" discs for their portability and thinking their smaller size would let me pack them more often. The extra light they provide can be invaluable to your getting a great shot, rather than a mediocre snapshot. My only reason for deducting one star is the difficulty involved in folding these after use for storage, but that's probably the nature of this product. There are videos on Youtube that can help you with the fold operation.
The disk can be very useful in providing fill light as a reflector and softening light with the reflector surfaces removed. Rolled up the reflector is very small and portable. It will fit in a large camera bag. It won't reflect as much as my 42" reflector. I wouldn't expect it to. The larger reflector is more versatile when I don't have to pack all my gear but the small one is easy to schlep around. At the price, the 22" reflector is a great and inexpensive way to improve light on a photographic subject.
on May 1, 2011
One would be hard pressed to find a better built and professional looking 22" 5-in-1 reflector for the price. The reflector and carring slip cover are light weight. I thread my belt through the slip cover loop and go about my business without the reflector being in the way. If you are looking for this size reflector I highly recommend you purchase it.
on April 26, 2012
I bought this 5-in-1 reflector for portraits. I love the fact that it has 5 different parts to it. so far it works great and the construction of the reflector is very good. the only thing i would change is to have a one page sheet of instructions for those who have never used these reflectors before. I had to go to youtube to figure out how to fold my reflector back up and put it back in its carrying case.
on April 7, 2014
This reflector is a true workhorse. It's the perfect size for a photographer working solo or on a shoot that requires lots of movement or travel. It's a little heavier than it looks, but it's still light enough to be held up for extended periods of time without fatigue.

Folded, it's approximately ten inches in diameter, and about two inches thick (uncompressed). Getting it folded back up can be tricky if you don't pay attention when unfolding it the first time-- it doesn't quite fold in two, nor does it really fold into three. It's somewhere in between.

The strap on the outside of the case is plenty strong; I just have the case clipped onto my camera bag, and it comes with me wherever I go. I haven't actually tested all of the different functions-- it comes with the silver on one side and black on the other, and I haven't needed to change it yet! I'll update if I feel there's anything important about changing the function.
on March 8, 2012
A reflector/diffusor is an essential tool that belongs in the kit of anyone who takes control of their lighting. In brief:

PROS
Inexpensive
Very versatile - lots of different effects possible in one package
Collapses down small enough to take anywhere
Study enough for regular use
Carrying case included

CONS
Might be a bit small for some applications - be sure what your needs are. (Though, as affordable as they are, you'll probably end up buying several sizes anyway.)

Highly recommended - the low price is just a nice bonus!
on January 19, 2017
I don't use this often but I can keep it with my camera bag when this situations arise where I wish I had a little more fill.