BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

on January 6, 2012
I only use reflectors occasionally so I wasn't looking to drop the $80+ dollars on a name brand like Lastolite. I've used this particular reflector on about a dozen shoots now, both indoors and outdoors and have had no problems with durability. However, if you do a lot of outdoor shoots and it's windy outside, I could see this thing ripping easily. Compared to a buddy's Lastolite reflector, you understand quickly why the Fotodiox is cheaper. However, the light output to my eye is identical with the silver and gold. The white side doesn't seem to reflect as much light as the Lastolite though. But if you're like me and only use the reflector on occasion, save your money and get this one.
on April 28, 2011
Just what I expected and maybe a little bit better. The fabric seems thick and high quality. No trouble folding it all back up. The zipper pull seems a little flimsy, but I'm pretty careful when zipping and un-zipping the cover. It's plenty big when opened, but the carrying case makes it portable enough. There's no need to spend more $$ on another brand. The seller shipped it right away, earning 5-star bonus points from me!
on January 28, 2014
This is a very fast to setup reflector that is really a useful tool to have when shooting outside. I do wish they had SOME instructions on how to fold the thing back up. I can't really describe it to you, so you'll have to play with it unfortunately. There are a few videos out there that VERY quickly show the process.

For me, I grab it on opposite sides (like a big hug) and just twist slowly and kind of watch how it wants to fold onto itself. It's a bit of a twisting motion that once you've done it once or twice, you get it.

Fabric is decent quality, seems rugged. Pretty versatile piece of equipment, comes with a nice carry bag and stores in a small space.
on March 19, 2013
The Fotodiox 42" 5-in-1 Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc is designed with space conservation in mind.

Observation: When you start to get serious with video, you notice when you are doing an offsite shoot, your car's truck and backseat start getting filled up with portable lights, audio equipment and microphones, harnesses and stabilizers, tripods, backdrops, more tripods, seating and wires and wires and some more wires. An offsite video shoot can be a 'Pain in the Rear'. This is where the Fotodiox 42" 5-in-1 Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc is an ingeniously designed product.

The folded product fits in a bag that is about 12" in diameter and about 2" thick. It is barely noticeable. But when it comes out and unfolds, there are five beautifully accommodating 42" options for working with lighting that can help make your simple offsite shoot feel like a pro shoot any day. And in my few years of shooting video, lighting and audio are two often forgotten pieces to making a great video. The Fotodiox 42" 5-in-1 Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc goes a long way in rectifying many simple lighting issues.

Pros:
Compact design makes for easy storage and travel
The folded size is about 12" and weighs about 1lbs
Well made design for the price
Five different colors is a great amount of reflectors for most small shoots
Great pricing makes it easy to add these to any video arsenal

Cons:
Storage bag is a little flimsy and the zipper can get stuck if you zip too fast
Not real easy to fold on your first few attempts
Can't really use all reflectors at the same time (can be solved by just picking up a few more)

The drawbacks to this product simply can't outweigh how smartly designed and highly effective the Fotodiox 42" 5-in-1 Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc really are. I would not only recommend the product, I would go as far as suggest that you simply need this product as either a pro or amateur videographer, You will not be upset with the versatility of the Fotodiox 42" 5-in-1 Reflector Pro, Premium Grade Collapsible Disc.
on February 22, 2015
I've only folded this thing wrong once, but it was pretty comical when it happened. I swear it tried to jump out and get me!

All in all I'm really pleased with this. I've used it as a diffuser more than as a reflector, but it works great. I did some double-diffused product shots, I've used it as a primary diffuser when I couldn't use light stands and umbrellas, and just today I used it with the black surface to flag an umbrella for a portrait. Oh! And I've used it as a reflector several times. Very very versatile!

For the price you really can't go wrong with this. I'm 100% happy I got it.
on May 22, 2017
Zipper broke after a year of very light use - the pull tab slid off the end, and putting it back on is a major pain. Other than that, I've been pretty happy with the product. I wish they put in more effort in design to keep the pull tab in place.
on April 25, 2014
This is the arrangement that would make sense to me:
- inner silk
- silver and gold shiny in one arrangement (you want a shiny reflector, but want to choose the color as you try it out)
- black and white reflector -- you either want to flag or reflect -- when you flip the outside cover-inside out

This is not the case. There doesn't seem to be a reason why the sides are paired as they are. This can cost a lot of time as you unzip the reflector, invert it, and zip it back up. It makes it almost impossible to test gold vs silver reflector.

The actual build quality is what you expect for the price. The bag that it comes in has a cheap zipper that will break if you use it a lot.
on February 8, 2016
Bought these for my dad who is starting to get into photography. I really like these because they do collapse which makes them more convenient to carry or store. When you pop them open they are quite large which is nice because they cover more area. If you have a helper with you, then these work great for taking photos. If you're taking photos solo this could be a little difficult because you're trying to focus your camera and hold it steady with one hand while holding this reflector..and if it's windy, good luck! It would work better if you have a way to prop them up or if you can clamp them onto something. Overall, good quality and worth the price.
on June 21, 2012
after reviewing many reflector sets i decided to give this one a try due to it's low cost. i figure if i end up using it alot and it's not good quality, then i'll buy another brand. well i do use this alot for sunny day shots, and the quality is way better than i'd expect for the price. i really have no complaints. it's a reflector set with silver, gold, black, white, and diffuser. not much you can say about it, it reflects light like any reflector would. my main reason for writing a review is to note the great quality of the product. you really do get more for less with this reflector. i've had it for a few months now and it still looks new, even after good usage. so if you're looking for a reflector set, give this one a try, you cant go wrong.
on October 2, 2012
I ordered this product for some outdoor shots I am working on. I read most of the reviews from good to bad. What I recall was that the product was flimsy or the zipper tore easily. Also, that for the price it was a good short term product. I would have to say both are wrong. I received my package a day ago and have played with it incessantly to see how I like it.

1. It is lightweight and flimsy, but if you take care of your product it will last I am sure.
2. The zipper is made of lightweight material, but again if you don't gorilla zip it, but take a second to close it... no issue. It only takes a minute to switch between silver, gold, white, etc.
3. Folding it up is a pain, someone suggested watching a youtube video to get it. Just practice it a couple times and it twists in to two smaller circles that lay on top of each other.

Great product, even showed a fellow photographer and he is going to order one as well. I will try to remember to add an update in a bit after it's had much more use.

Overall it works as I expected and more. I was highly impressed with the product and I am happy I ordered it. I may even gift this to some friends.