Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 194 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 223 reviews
on February 12, 2016
My sons (5 & 2.5) and I LOVE this game. It's almost like a video game brought to life.

There are 3 speed settings, and all 3 provide a good game.
There are only two pieces to this game--Johnny (with his feet attached) and the gun. The first player takes a turn, the rounds ends, and the score is shown on the gun. Then the next player takes a turn. You can have an endless number of players. You can also play this game solo, trying to beat your own high score each time.
Since there are only 2 lightweight parts, this game is highly portable.
The game (gun) has sound effects, but they are not too loud or obnoxious.
The game box has a plastic "window," but could still be used to store the game. Johnny--the little skeleton dude--is also cute enough to set out on a shelf.

Biggest Pros: The room doesn't have to be completely dark to play. The darker it is, the easier it will be to see the ghosts, though. (It's also more difficult to see where Johnny is looking, making the ghosts harder to find.)
The room doesn't have to be completely clear to play. In fact "obstacles" like floor lamps and other people just give the ghosts more places to hang out. (They will also be different sizes. Ooooh--spooky.)

Biggest Cons: The feet fall off a lot. They aren't needed for game play. They also don't take up much room. We will probably glue them in place when we find them, (They are both lost right now because they kept falling off the body!)
Our ghost has a weird spot on him. (On his "cheek.") The kids don't mind, but it bugs me.
The score is difficult to read. You need to angle to gun just right, or you will see a different number or gibberish lines.

Bottom Line: Overall, this is a simple yet terrific game. My mini "Ghost Busters" love it, and many times will keep playing until I tell them it's time to move on to something else. We have had the game for almost 2 months, and the fun is still there as much as day 1.
review image review image review image
on January 20, 2017
I had been checking out this game online for quite sometime and finally pulled the trigger when it was on sale for like $18. I'm glad I only paid that much for it. I bought this for my 5 year old son and he likes it, but I think gets bored w/it quick. The gun doesn't show a beam or anything when you shoot it, so you really can't tell if you hit the ghost for sure. Pretty much as long as you point it in the general vicinity of where the ghost is, then it counts as a hit. The gun does show how many ghosts you have hit though, so that's nice if people are taking turns and keeping a tally. The little skeleton dude is cute, but I don't like the stupid feet on it. They fall off constantly. We did have some syncing issues, but for the most part that wasn't an issue. It's an alright toy, but I definitely wouldn't pay the $40 I've seen others charging for it!!!
on January 10, 2016
My kids really enjoy this the only down part i would say is that you have to point the gun at it to start the game and MOST of the time it won't work so i have to turn it of and turn it back on and do everything all over again.. maybe about 2 to 3 times sometimes and it just gets annoying.. but my kids still enjoy it a lot so i guess thats good.. oh and it only comes with one laser gun so the kids have to take turns, which is not the problem, just would had been nice if they could play together.
on January 1, 2015
This is a very fun game to play with the kids. We loved it. It's easy to play and provides light-hearted entertainment. There are not many pieces to assemble. You just put the legs on, insert batteries, and play. The only reason I'm not giving 5 stars is that the instructions were poorly written and somewhat confusing about how to start the next player's turn. At first we thought we would have to wait for the gun to turn off (there's no off switch; you just have to wait) before the next player could take a turn. It turns out that's not the case, but the instructions don't specify.
on July 22, 2017
My kids love this game. It is a blast. It is good for attention deficit also
on September 3, 2016
Save your time and energy and bypass this piece of junk. great concept and IF it worked it would be neat and occupy a kids attention. It worked for about 3 minutes and then the motor that moves the head crapped out. Now we're left with this little plastic decoration that makes repetitive annoying noise and flashes a ghost at one spot on the wall. Nothing more.
on December 9, 2014
Do not pay full price for this. It's plastic, cheap. But, the game is kind of fun for a while. Small kids will get bored with it, but I'm a paranormal investigator (no joke) and I got this as a an interesting item to have.
on April 6, 2017
Fun game for kids and their parents!
on December 29, 2014
What a great Christmas gift for my 5 year old - very cute game. You need a darkened room, place johnny in the middle, then choose one of 3 difficulty levels. His head spins around and then he projects a ghost onto the wall or ceiling where it stays for 1-3 seconds depending on difficulty level. You have to shoot it with your blaster. Blaster has an LCD which keeps track of score and a reload button which is required after every 6 "shots". Fun game and even the instructions are well written/funny.
on January 15, 2013
I never leave feedback, but felt it was neccessary for this product. I bought this as a Christmas gift for my 7 year old. He loved the commercial. When we turned it on, Johnny's head would get stuck after turning to the right and he would stop moving. Amazon was great on the return and replaced it promptly.

We received the second one last night. This time Johnny works fine, but the gun doesn't. The gun turns on, but there is no sound and it won't SYNC/work with Johnny. My son is very dissapointed. I now notice that other people are having similar problems. Unfortunately those reviews were not available before Christmas.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.