- Series: Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
- Hardcover: 864 pages
- Publisher: Saunders; 6 edition (October 8, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1416066675
- ISBN-13: 978-1416066675
- Product Dimensions: 11 x 8.7 x 1.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.6 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (114 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17,906 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Foundations of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: A Clinical Approach, 6e 6th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Elsevier Sales & Deals
Save up to 50% on textbooks, study guides & resources for your medical specialty.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
For such a late edition of the book, it's unimaginable that this many mistakes exist!
What's worse, teachers taking questions from the test bank must be careful because the editing mistakes are frequent in there as well. It has been an endless frustration to my nursing class because my inexperienced professor is of the mindset that if it's in the test bank, it is right, even though many of the questions we received were clearly wrong or had more than one answer.
That being said, this book also has issues where information in one section of the chapter contradicts information appearing in another section. I believe this is due to the fact that multiple writers composed each chapter.
- It's spelled "Rett Syndrome", not "Rhett's Disorder". And they do know what causes it. p639
- It's no longer considered appropriate to use a tongue blade on a seizing individual. Get this out of your book. p392
- The paragraph about Middle Eastern suicide bombers is racist and offensive, and doesn't really belong in a mental health nursing book. Keep your politics to yourself. p552
- "Cent-rally" is not supposed to be spelled with a hyphen. p328
- About half the questions on the resource CD are keyed wrong. Thanks again.
- and much much more.
Elizabeth Varcarolis/Elsevier could do well by hiring an editor or ten. I'd be embarrassed to have my name on such a sloppy book.
However...there are spelling mistakes, editing mistakes, and (as is almost always the case with Elsevier titles), problems with the practice questions and answers. I'm right now looking at chapter 17 (Cognitive Disorders) -- the chapter review question #5 (there are 5 per chapter) is an alternate-item "select all that apply" question, and the options are numbered 1-6; the answer key in the back of the book says the correct answers are "4,5,6,7." There is no "7." This sort of mistake, even in late editions, is exactly what I have come to be very frustrated with while using Elsevier/Mosby/Evolve materials. There are also several sentences with misspellings in words or letters missing or spaces in the middle of a word. This should not be the case in a 6th edition book. It's unprofessional and distracting.
I would like some rationales for the chapter review questions -- there's not much learning in not knowing why a certain answer is better than the others.
This book was easier to read than other nursing textbooks. Pertinent information are in highlighted boxes, very helpful. I liked how there were little stories about different psych patients that helped with memorization.
This review is supposed to be for the seller but I can't delete it now because it isn't an option. I have not used this book yet, I will be starting my 3rd semester in nursing school in the fall & I will use it then.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Great condition.. it was highlighted in all the right the pertinent places too. Thanks.. easy to read..Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Offers lots of nice tables and terms, also has good online review questions.Published 7 months ago by ARM