Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8 reviews
on December 27, 2014
I first heard the song "Joanna" on a local Christian radio station around 2007. For many years, the only copy of that song that I had was on a mixtape I made (Yeah, I said mixTAPE. As in cassette.), and I couldn't remember the name of the artist. When I finally figured out who sang it, I bought this album. I'm especially fond of the songs "We Cry Blood", "Sunshine (The Hood)", and "Hurry". If you're looking for some good Christian hip-hop to blast through your speakers, give this album a spin. Turn the bass up and 'bump' it in your car. I'd also recommend checking out Gospel Gangstaz, GRITS, and T-Bone if you want some good rap without all the references to sex, drugs, and crime.
on July 24, 2007
The three stars are on the strength of the beats alone. The beats on this album are crazy.

They content is a different story.

From Preacher Man:

"It's 1977, November to be exact
Some babies are still born,
I'm alive it's a blessing.
My mommy's water broke early
Could have been still born,
her baby was still born"

That's pretty weak lyrically, and just one example.

Japhia spits more like a "positive" rapper instead of a Christian rapper. Plus there isn't a whole lot of lyrics on the album, it's like he spits two short verses on each song and throws in a hook. But the beats are bangin!

The CD didn't move me at all on the spiritual side. And on the rap side, he didn't have any stand out lines. Just an average CD.

If you like the east coast feel that Japhia has, check out Phanatik and The Ambassador.