Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Book House Cleaning themissing themissing themissing  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on January 21, 2016
No one can go wrong with doing a personal inventory of themselves, whether they are involved in a 12-step program, church, or not. I believe that it was Socrates who said that "the unexamined life is not worth living," or something close to that? The late Zig Ziglar also descried this self examination process well too: "a check up from the neck up." Yes, I do recommend this small guide booklet as very good.
on November 2, 2015
I first worked the steps in the more traditional, Big Book, way. I find this a good approach for a second pass on the steps after one has a better understanding the process.
on April 6, 2013
Not what I expected from a 4th step book but it was very helpful in identifying how my character defects affect my reactions to people and situations.
on November 5, 2016
Great book
on April 20, 2015
I received more info from the big book and the 12 &12. Useful hints though
on September 13, 2014
I got this so it was on kindle. Should have ordered the booklet for writing in it.
on October 5, 2011
this book helped me walk through my fear of doing the fourth step and got me to finally finish it. Before I got this book I had been putting off the fourth step for about a year and a half and once I got this book and used it as a outline I was able to finish my fourth step withing a month. Needless to say, I feel a lot better, no longer feel the urge to drink and my relationship with my sponsor has become so much deeper.
on July 8, 2007
I'm a recovered drug addict that went through 12-step programs and feel that without them, I would still be drunk and high on cocaine. I'm also an author and someone that did not continue to go to AA meetings, nor am I convinced that I had a physical disease and that one drink would take me back to where I was when I got there.

All that having been said, this is a solid and proven discussion about 4th-step work. The fourth step -- the one that tells the person doing the steps to perform a "Searching and fearless moral inventory of themselves" is truly on of the four 'critical' steps in the collection of 12. There are a lot of people who could stand to do a moral inventory that don't drink, don't do drugs, and have never been arrested. They could still use this book.