Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 200 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 206 reviews
on November 14, 2013
Quality: These Fownes gloves have regular-length rabbit fur which is nicer than gloves with sheared (shorter) fur.
Price: Priced lower than similar gloves and shipping was free.

Fit: I normally wear size 7 1/2 but decided to size up to 8 for a little extra length in the fingers, since my hands are somewhat long. The 8 (XL) is true to size and gives me the extra room I was looking for. The leather is soft and while it's a bit stiff around the seams at first, I know from experience that the leather will soon conform to the shape of my hand (so it "fits like a glove").

Overall: Rabbit-fur lined gloves are the only ones that keep my hands warm in really cold weather, so every couple of years I buy a new pair when my old ones start to fall apart. Leather gloves are also great for driving since they allow you to grip the steering wheel better than knit gloves. These gloves appear well-made, are a good value, and would make a really nice gift as well.
on June 9, 2015
My hands get so cold in winter no matter what I do. My hands don't turn blue but they do start to sting. I tried putting thin gloves in larger gloves--no help. Battery heated gloves (ones that cost about $50) did nothing. I wasn't going to buy battery heated ones for $100 or more (way too much), but I know real animal fur is warmer than most man-made materials. So searched and found these. Yes they worked---not 100% as I think I have a touch of Renaud's syndrome. These are probably the best warmth I can get outside of spending $100 or more on higher grade heated gloves. And who knows if those $$$ gloves would work for me?
on January 5, 2011
My search for the warmest and most fashionable winter bicycling gloves is over! The quality of these gloves is unmatched by anything I found in the mall during 2010 (Nordstrom, Macy's, Brooks Brothers...). These gloves have impeccably done seams, wonderfully soft yet durable leather, and real rabbit fur all the way to the tip of your fingers (not so for the mall leather gloves). They are by far the warmest gloves I have ever owned and yet, unlike most winter gloves I have, I can still tie my shoes wearing them. My fingers only begin to feel cold near the end of my 20 minute commute in as low as 13 degree (so far) weather. My only complaint is that their fingers seem shorter than comparably sized gloves I've owned in the past, although they are no more narrow. I'm hoping they will stretch to fit, but I'm going to continue wearing them regardless. Excellent product.
on November 30, 2016
I bought these gloves based on the reviews that said they were incredibly warm. I'm undergoing chemotherapy which makes my fingers very sensitive to cold. Unfortunately, these gloves aren't doing the trick. They are comfortable and attractive so if you want to wear them in temperatures above 43 degrees, you should be okay. I'd suggest having another person measure your hand in order to determine the sizw you need. I measured my own hand and was half an inch off. I ordered an 8 and probably should have ordered the 7.5. The fingers on the 8 are entirely too long.
on October 30, 2013
These gloves lasted 5 or 6 years until I lost them. Happy to find the same ones again for my extra cold hands. The leather wore extremely well despite my abuse of them.
on December 10, 2013
Not only are the fingers an inch too long (I have worn this size since I was 12 and my fingers haven't shortened). The rabbit fur is only HALF as thick as on my older pair of gloves (of which, alas, I only have the leftie). Actually, I have TWO lefties, one from ten years ago, and BOTH have fur that is twice as thick as these--for the same price. These things are no warmer than a pair of unlined gloves. This is cheap Chinese junk. So to speak.
on December 12, 2013
These gloves not only ran a size and a half small they were very stiff. I ordered the WXL (I normally wear a large) and the fingers were way too short, too tight, and Too Stiff! At the same time I also ordered a pair from Gloves online .com WXXL. These were soft, really soft and they shipped weeks before these Fownes. I would not order these again. I gave them to my 10 year old son. They fit him.
on January 10, 2014
I love them! I have small hands and they're kinda slender too so a small fit perfectly. However a friend of mine who also has small sized hands but is a little heavyset couldn't get her hand into it, so maybe if your thicker in build a medium might work or if you have longer fingers get a large. Great material, both leather and fur! sooo soft, I love them! Anyone who's ever owned leather gloves can tell you they take some time to break into, so if they're tight initially that's normal and will form to fit your hands perfect the more you wear them!
on February 11, 2016
I bought this pair because I 've lost another one I got about 3 years ago.
The previous pair was made of a much better leather (softer but strong), the seams were well done and beautifully tucked in
in the finger lines, and the rabbit fur stayed neatly in place. The new one has a weird type of leather that feels cheap (and looks false), the finishing is not so great
and the rabbit fur comes off. I first used it in a very cold day and it did not perform greatly as my older pairs.
Overall, I am a little disappointed.
on January 9, 2017
I bought these for my mom for Christmas. She has very small hands (she's 5 feet tall), and I ordered the small size (6.5). It was so strange! the wrist part fit, but the finger size was so incredibly small it only went to her second knuckle. I tried them on (I'm 5'2") and it was the same. The "joint" for the finger in the gloves does not reach the actual joint of where my finger meets my hand so using them is quite odd and does not work. My hands themselves are about 6 inches long. It was very interesting! I'll definitely be returning them.