- Actors: Mickey Rooney, Kurt Russell, Pearl Bailey, Jack Albertson, Sandy Duncan
- Directors: Art Stevens, Richard Rich, Ted Berman
- Writers: Burny Mattinson, Daniel P. Mannix, David Michener, Earl Kress, Larry Clemmons
- Format: Color, NTSC
- Subtitles: Spanish
- Rated: General AudienceG
- Number of tapes: 1
- Studio: Walt Disney Video
- VHS Release Date: May 2, 2000
- Run Time: 83 minutes
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (347 customer reviews)
- ASIN: 6305818673
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #443,481 in Movies & TV (See Top 100 in Movies & TV)
Fox & The Hound [VHS]
Deal of the Day: "M*A*S*H: The Complete Series + Movie" on DD
Today only, save big on this M*A*S*H bundle, which includes all 11 seasons of the hit television show and the feature film. This offer ends at 11:59 p.m. (PT) on Wednesday, July 27, 2016. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
This is a tale told with such heartfelt sincerity that it moves and touches viewers with its story alone; no need for semi-Broadway moments every ten minutes or cheap, carefully masked lewd humor sprinkled in for potential bored adults. The characters are endearing and artlessly likeable, and the lessons learned are timeless.
There are engagingly subtle touches that augment the main story, such as the ongoing battle between two determined birds (one with a curiously Brooklyn accent) and one very lucky caterpillar. The conclusion to this humorous yet strangely realistic chase is a startlingly touching revelation in beauty. This is Disney at its best: a simple and touching movie that doesn't need anything else to make itself an enjoyable experience for everyone. Even the greats of the 90s seem a little cheap after this.
I first watched this as a little kid, and have been in love with it ever since. Right now, in that nebulous span of years between being able to drive and being able to drink, I'm probably entitled to bouts of rebelliousness and scorn for movies like this. But this is one Disney creation I'm proud to say that I love, something you plan to pass on to your children and grandchildren: a classic.
I was a movie projectionist at the time and I had access to look at a 1988 re-release 35mm print of the movie and it was FULL FRAME! Yes, the movie is 1:33 to 1 , NOT WIDESCREEN!
You have to understand the thinking of 1980's Hollywood. Theaters were getting smaller, all movies ended up on television, and VHS & Beta home video tapes were becoming the popular way to watch movies. Therefore, many producers started filming their movies in the full frame television format, knowing that it is the way most people would see the film then.
Paramount even shot all of their 1980's comedies in full frame. Airplane I & II; Naked Gun I, II, III; Addams Family I & II; The Bette Midler movies , Throw Mama from the Train are part of the countless list of FULL FRAME movies that DVD is offering in a masked 1:85-1 format.
We should be glad that Buena Vista is offering THE FOX & THE HOUND in the ratio that it was produced.
The movie itself falls short of a Disney Classic. It seems any Disney movie short on songs seems to be overall less appealing. The basic story line is good and could have made for a very successful classic, but the execution of the story lacks the right elements.
This new release is no big deal, you gain a short behind-the-scenes clip that appears to be pulled from another special and you lose the 1988 theatrical trailer on the original DVD release. That's right, the FIRST DVD RELEASE EXTRA OF THE PREVIEW TRAILER HAS BEEN DELETED HERE!
The movie itself has gotten NO RESTORATION, but my opinion is that it still looks good on a regular large TV.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
parent loss and violence
1) mother killed in opening minutes 2) a lot of chasing/shooting gun violence @ fox and human guardian 3) steel hunting traps 4) aggressive scene... Read more
My 7 year had never seen this movie and her friend talks about it constantly. My daughter thought it was a really good movie and judging by her facial expressions at different... Read morePublished 29 days ago by Lisa from So Cal
I purchased this movie and previously purchased a Vizio television with an AMAZON VIDEO App that includes an "Amazon" BUTTON on the remote control - PURCHASED not rented -... Read morePublished 1 month ago by J. Babin
The. Best. Movie. Ever. Made my day when my 6 year old asked to watch it by name!Published 1 month ago by A. LZ
One of the all time best Disney movies. This is the heartwarming tale of After a young red fox is orphaned, Big Mama the owl, Boomer the woodpecker, and Dinky the finch arrange for... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Joseph L.
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > By Age > 3-6 Years
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > By Age > 7-11 Years
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > By Age > For the Whole Family
- Movies & TV > Disney Home Video > Spanish-Language
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Foreign Films
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Spanish Language > Infantil y familiar > Feature Films
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > All Disney Titles
- Movies & TV > Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment > Animated Movies