Top positive review
Great protection for riding flats on trails
August 27, 2017
These have been wonderful! I have been starting to do some jumps and drops on the mountain bike trails. Since I have flat pedals, me feet will occasionally slip of and the pedals will tear up my shins. I constantly had scars on my shins, but not anymore! Most MTB knee pads only protect the knees, not the shins. These have been great.
They also work great for knee protection. I was going down a steep, technical rock face and went OTB and landed on my knees. I didn't even feel it. I jumped right up and was ready to keep riding. In the past, I have split open my knee on a rock and needed stitches.
* Provide EXCELLENT protection to both knees and shins. They are padded with neoprene with a harder shell on the front impact surface, but are still flexible.
* Stay in place with silicone beading on inside of thigh.
* Very comfortable to wear. I forget that I have them on while riding.
* Attach quickly and securely with velcro straps in the rear. The velcro is not larger than the pads so that I have never had the velcro did into my legs.
* The neoprene does get a little warm on long rides on hot days. This is not a big problem since there are not many sweat glands on the shins and most of the cooling comes from the sweat glands on the calf side of the leg.
Overall, these are EXCELLENT. I don't go riding or do tricks without wearing these. My shins are now scab free!