|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Fractal Design Define R4 Cases, Arctic White (FD-CA-DEF-R4-WH)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Pre-fitted with dense noise absorbing material
- ModuVent System allows the user the option to have unrivaled silence or optimal airflow
- Top fan positions now allow slim 240/280mm radiators to be mounted
- Two SSDs can be installed on the back of the motherboard plate
- Top HDD cage (5 HDD) can be rotated 90 degrees or removed for additional airflow
- Select slim radiators can be mounted in front fan holder (requires the bottom HDD cage to change position)
- A wider case body allows for much improved cable routing capability behind the motherboard, now 26 mm (8mm wider)
- Fan controller is integrated in the front panel and supports up to 3 fans
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The latter point is my interest. I'm all about silent computing. My go-to cases have been Antec's Solo and Sonata line. The former is similarly well-built, but cramped and far more difficult to build inside than this Fractal. The Solo II doesn't appear much of an improvement, so this is my new preferred enclosure.
A few notes:
* Fans. There are two included and they're both 140mm and very quiet. There's also a fan controller with at least three outputs wired into a 3-position switch in the front of the case. All fans appear to use whatever voltage is set.
* Cable management. Large rubber grommets line the motherboard tray. With cable ties, I had no trouble finding room for aesthetically pleasing cable runs. The only exception was a USB 3.0 cable intended to plug into the back of the case. There are no grommets leading out, so I had to remove the vertical PCI-style slot cover on the back-right. The space the cable isn't filling, I sealed with a small piece of flexible black foam available at craft stores. There was adequate room behind the motherboard tray for Molex connectors and the thick 24-pin power cable.
* Drive support.Read more ›
-Good functional case
-Love the front dust filter
-Few visible paint chips in the back. It's easy to tell especially with white paint and seems like someone in packaging did a bad job. I can see why it passed QC, but it doesn't sit well with me.
-Roof panel where two fan vents are is a bit wobbly. If I squeeze the side panels together it makes a noise and slightly pops up. This means that it's slightly indented downward, however it's not too much where it's uneven.
-Dat red LED lighting. It is super bright.
My previous case was a CM Cosmos 1000 Full tower case. I wanted to move to a mid size silent solution case that can also house long graphic cards. It meets my standards however the actual final product quality is a bit lacking. Hence -1 star.
This is a great case that also looks amazing, you should note there is a window version. If your case is loud and that's why you need a new case, look no further.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Incredible case to build in. There are mounts and options in every direction. I couldn't believe just how much I could change the configuration to make my build work efficiently... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Rachel Bastarache Bogan
I've had it for almost six months now with zero issues. It's the perfect case. It fit everything I needed very well.Published 19 months ago by Ben Mandino
The perfect case. Had it for over a year now and still by far my most favorite I've ever built in.Published 19 months ago by Andy Nelson
Lots of space for storage, quiet as as advertised. The only fly in the ointment was quality control, with 3 of the 9 standoff threads being so bunged that extreme measures were... Read morePublished 23 months ago by Doug
No detail was skipped. Every screw, cable and cover is well-made and easy to put to good use.
Two, very small comments: the black surfaces in-place of fans should be white in... Read more
I was going to build a new workstation and was looking for a full size, quiet, and stylish case. If your agenda is similar, you can't go wrong with Fractal Design Define R4! Read morePublished on April 17, 2014 by MK
It is good. Minimizes the noise from my computer. Fits a large heatsink (like the big Noctua). Cable management on the backplane. Great.Published on January 2, 2014 by HenriKraken
Just awesome in every way!
It's very quiet and looks awesome as well.
But it was actually larger than I thought it would be.
But overall, it's an awesome case.