- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds
- ASIN: B00HMCW3HM
- Average Customer Review: 128 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #222,301 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Fractional Plates - Kit of 8 x 0.5 Pound Weight Plates (4 lb Total), Fits Olympic Bars – Microload from 1 lb to 4 lb
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Use progressive overload to your advantage with this kit of 8 count, 0.5 pound fractional plates that fit any 2in Olympic barbells. By continuously increasing the demand placed on the body during training, progressively overloading your muscles, they will adapt by growing bigger and stronger so that you can handle this type of intense stimulus if/when it occurs again.
- Increase weight by 1 pound on any exercise and build more muscle and strength faster. Simply, by pushing and stressing the muscle to move more weight every workout, the body will do what it must to meet the demands placed on it. The muscle fibers will have no choice but to grow in size and strength.
- Progressive overload should be used at all levels of conditioning. Beginners need it to progress faster and avoid injury, intermediate lifters need it to stay motivated and keep pushing forward and experts need it to break through plateaus to achieve greater success.
- By setting yourself a new challenge every workout, you are also setting yourself up for greater intensity and motivation to push yourself further than your last training session.
- The Iron Bull Fractional Plates are made from high precision casting for accurate weight and E-Coat finish process for higher quality and durability. These fractional plates are designed to last you a lifetime. They have a great appearance and smooth finish.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Don’t Waste Another Workout Lifting the Same Weights Over and Over Again
Progressive tension overload is the most important factor when it comes to building strength and size. It refers to progressively increasing tension levels in the muscle fibers over time. That is, lifting progressively heavier and heavier weights. Basically, your body will not change or improve unless you force it to.
Unfortunately, most gyms only have weight plates starting at 2.5 lbs and sometimes only 5 lbs! The jump in weight is simply too high and results in bad programming. It can even lead to injuries!
Set a New PR Every Workout
To force your muscles to adapt, you must provide a stimulus greater than that to which they have already adapted. The Iron Bull Fractional Plates allow weight increments of 1 pound to allow progressive overload on any exercise. And, while it may only seem like a tiny improvement, it’s EXACTLY what you need to do n order to prove to your body that it needs to improve.
The Bottom Line
If you want to get any degree of positive results from your workout routine, progressive overload is the absolute key. The Iron Bull Fractional Plates come in a kit of 8 plates allowing 1 lb increments, up to 4 lbs. They perfectly fill in the gap between having to use the same weight over and over again and increasing weight by too much and injuring yourself. Get yourself a kit of fractional plates now. You won’t regret it.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
What is shown in the product picture here is a lovely matt textured finish that screams quality. I wish I'd gotten those, I wonder if they actually exist.
If you expect those to arrive, you'll be slightly disappointed, as I was, otherwise, they seem pretty much OK and have helped me through my 170 lb Bench barrier.
Another reviewer, Mary, has also noted that the plates don't look that high quality, compared to what is being advertised.
It's not a big deal, they work just fine
trick your mind and body into making gains more often, because a 1 pound jump is easier to make than a 5 pound jump.
the people who are crying about it being loose probably need to get better clamps because yes, they are a little loose but when you hold them next to the plate and clamp it down it wont move at all unless maybe your form really sucks and you wobble the bar everywhere during your training.
these plates are amazing for making strength gains...... you will get so good at things like bench / squat / deadlift because you can bump up the weight by only 1 pound which your body barely notices, however making 5 pounds jumps all the time will catch up to you quick and you are likely to hit plateaus.
my recommendation is to hit sets of 20, and next time do another set of 20 with 1 more pound, keep doing that and you will be suprised how strong and how big you can get, and you will love the consistent gains.
Slide on and off our bars easily. No issues.
I have not weighed them to see just how close to 0.5lb each one is, nor do I care that much to be honest. Incremental is incremental, and they all feel quite close in weight to one another. The only negative is how loose the plates are when slid on to the bar: very. I use stoppers to ensure they don't slide off.