Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 40 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 55 reviews
on April 5, 2017
I went to St. Francis Seminary a few years after Fr. Murray was there but saw him at certain times of the school year. I was in 9th and 10th grade.
He had and still has the respect of the other friars and students still
on March 29, 2016
Really quite good. Having been to Assisi recently, feeling the presence of Saint Francis and Saint Clare, I can say that reading this book brought me back there intimately feeling the presence of these two amazing people of 13th century Assisi. I highly recommend this book and of course, to take the pilgrimage to Assisi in person. An amazing place of peace and reflection of God's Love as understood by Francis and Clare. Enjoy!!!
review image review image
on November 20, 2013
Murray Bodo is one of my favorite Franciscan writers. I have been devoted to his spirituality for many years. I suggest this CD, even if you have the book already.
on March 22, 2017
Essential reading for candidates for the Secular Franciscan Order
on January 13, 2015
I loved the book. It was written 40 years ago, but it gave me insight into our new pope Francis. If you want to understand our pope reading this book will give you an idea on how he thinks and what Franciscan spirituality is all about. Murray's use of short stories and poetic language made it a book that I could not put down.
on January 19, 2014
I was very disappointed in this book. It is filled with embellishments garnered from the author's imagination. This fact is expressed in one of the reviews printed on the back of the publication which, in part, states that the book was written "With a poet's pen and a dreamer's imagination." I wasn't interested in a novel, I wanted the historical background of a beloved saint. As I reread it, I will make an outline of just that.
on January 16, 2017
I really enjoyed reading this book it puts you in Assisi with st Francis and gives you an insight into how we lived and felt
on July 16, 2013
We love this book and story so much, we ordered multiple copies to assist others in their discernment of Franciscan Religious Life. This story showcases a great viewpoint of the life of St. Francis and his followers. It's easy and entertaining to read. Just a joy.
on November 20, 2010
I'm a fan of Murray Bodo, ofm, so love the book to begin with. But this book is more than outstanding because Murray BECOMES Francis. It was difficult for me to remember that it was Murray who was writing and not Francis himself. Read this book and you will know and love St. Francis.
on October 29, 2015
Indeed your reading of this book with an Open Mind is a sure way To See Life with a different pair of spectacles.

Go Ahead get a copy and start Living Quality Life !