Spring Deals Automotive HPC Amazon First Reads New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Fire TV Stick: $29.99. Offer ends 3/26/18 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 31, 2011
I bought this one a few weeks ago off the wbstore. Having my doubts it was not a rip off from some tv station; I was extremely pleased that it is not. Fairly well put together although I would have enjoyed more menu/episode control (it plays as the show originally aired, first Impossibles episode then a Frankenstein Jr. then the second Impossibles), oh then repeat. This being said I was pleasantly surprised. Now I always liked the Impossibles so please take that into account when you decide if you want this one. I give the shows 10 of 10, and the recording 10 of 10. If you liked Franky and the Impossibles before you will like them now, and I give this release the full 5 stars for both the shows as well as the DVD release.
33 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon August 8, 2011
When I was a kid, Saturday mornings was a holiday for kids,especially after a hard week at school. Animation (with such shows as (Jonny Quest - The Complete First Season,Space Ghost and Dino Boy: The Complete Series,Ruby-Spears Superman, and The Best of the New Scooby-Doo Movies ) and live action fare as (The Monkees: Season 1 and H.R. Pufnstuf - The Complete Series) ruled tha airwaves on Saturday mornings. It was a time when Children's fare were on all three networks (ABC, NBC and CBS)..and there was NO cartoon Network or Cable networks.

One show, in my opinion, that did not last long, but I enjoyed a lot was Frankenstein Jr & The Impossibles. Each ahow were three separate cartoon adventures in 30 minute format...usually two Frankenstein Jr cartoons and an Impossibles cartoon sandwiched inberween.

Frankenstein Jr was a cartoon similar to Johny Socko, a live action Japanese import which a boy and his giant robot who fought crime. With the voice of Ted (Lurch from the Addams Family) Cassidy as the robot, this show was one notch lowered than Jonny Quest and one Notch higher than Scooby Doo. Buzz Conroy and Frankie fought crime just like Johnny Socko did..and I was more entertained by this than Socko. It was fun show to watch.

The Impossibles were a rock band, similar to the Monkess or the Beatles. However when trouble strikes, The band changed into Multi man, Fluid Man and Coil Man...and fight crime. This show reminded me of Mighty Heroes that was also on TV on the same time. It was a simple show to watch and enjoy. Again no heavy messages, just fun entertainment.

Since I bought this MOD (Movie On Demand) from the Warner Brothers website, I can say the quality of this DVD collection is excellent. All the episodes of both shows are here and how I remember them. The Video transfer on these cartoons are restored and saved with great picture and sound quality to DVD. It is worth getting

In watching these 383 minutes and savoring them like a kid again. I wish that I was a kid watching these on Saturday morning again

Bennet Pomerantz
11 comment| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 27, 2015
When I first bought warner archive videos I purchased the Alex Toth cartoons, SPACE GHOST, BIRDMAN, HERCULOIDS, MIGHTY MIGHTOR, SHAZZAN, YOUNG SAMSON, and the earlier 1960s JONNY QUEST! FRANKENSTEIN JR. AND THE IMPOSSIBLES I bought later as it is a lighter spoof of superheros. It doesn't take itself seriously and has fun kidding around with it's own superhero image!

The IMPOSSIBLES is a rock band until their boss BIG D orders them into battle! Then they become the IMPOSSIBLES a superhero team of crimefighters! Partly inspired by THE MAN FROM U.N. C.L.E series the IMPOSSIBLES fight such evil doers as THE SPINNER, THE BUBBLER, PROFESSOR STRETCH and TIMETRON and PERILOUS PAPERDOLL MAN!

FRANKENSTEIN JR has the voice of Ted Cassidy. Remember the STAR TREK episode the Corbonite Maneuver with the evil Balok? Ted's basso booming voice was used for Frankie! Fighting such alein villains like the Alein Brain from Outer Space, The Eletrical Shock Monster, Mr Menace, and Spyder man Frankenstein Jr and heroic young Buzz Conway battle the forces of evil!

With its bright palette of color this series is a playful romp with our heroes defeating the bad guys while having fun doing it!I'm able to play these DVD-R discs on my DVD RAM DVD-R recorder. The main problem I have is with the menu which has the episodes listed as A1, A2 , A3 etc. instead of their actual names but you can list the names of the episodes next to the letters after you watch them! After watching so much hand drawn animation I guess I'm old fashioned and I prefer hand drawn animation for characters while the machines can be computer animated!

Many years before the INCREDIBLES existed THE IMPOSSIBLES were transforming to fight evil doers everywhere! Thanks Warner Archive for the restoring of these cartoons! With Saturday morning dead and CGI taken over the air waves these cartoons are fun relics of the 20th century!!
on July 26, 2017
Excellent! Great Memories my grandchildren love too...
on June 10, 2016
The Beatles are like cartoons!
on November 9, 2011
Isn't this great? Thanks to the concept of video on demand, all us Sixties kids (and younger converts) can enjoy the favorite toons of our youth in a compact format. True, the picture quality is variable, but it's still better than most of the recorded-off-TV copies we've had to make do with. The freaky fun of these shows still shines through, from the tongue-in-cheek heroics of Buzz and Franky to the demented spoofery of the Impossibles. Full marks to the great voice work by Paul Frees, Ted Cassidy, Dick Beals, etc; Alex Toth's inventive designs; and, as always, Hoyt Curtin's music.

The only real flaw in this set is the extremely uninformative menu, which uses episode numbers (1A, 1B, etc.) instead of titles. I don't get the point of that, since it makes it 'impossible' to zero in on your favorites. To get around this, I sat down and went through both DVD's, making my own episode guide; if any of my fellow Hanna-Barberians would like to make use of it, I am posting it in the 'Comments' section of this review.

This is just a minor caveat, though; it's a wonderful collection!
55 comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 8, 2015
This was one of the hippest cartoons around. It helped my creativity and made me feel I could do anything. Yes, I was only 3 when I first encountered this show. I also remember watching it at my grandmother house in Detroit before it went away. I remember seeing the tall glass buildings and wondering if I might catch a glimpse of Frankenstein Jr. flying around. Its just as potent as it was in 1967!

The Impossibles were super heroes like no other. They were a rock band who doubled as crime fighters! A.M. Radio was very pop oriented and kid friendly. I could relate to their world. I always loved the bad guys and their dirty tricks. I couldn't wait for the Impossibles to leap into action and stop them.

Frankenstein Jr. was Buzz Conroy's invention. Wow, to be a boy genius and live in this futuristic world was what I aspired to be. I loved his laboratory on that mountain. Today, I find Buzz a little overbearing. Ted Cassidy's voice for Frankenstein Jr. is perfectly matched. The animation is a bit different than what was to follow. It was easy for little minds and eyes to devour.

This cartoon vanished due to concerned parent groups finding it too violent. Is outsmarting bad guys violent? Thank you Warner Brothers for bringing back a distant memory. Saturday Morning magic is forever preserved.
on August 10, 2014
When I was a kid of the 70s, this one was brought back on a double bill with Space Ghost. Kind of an odd pick, really. Where Space Ghost was one of the better 60s shows, The Herculoids or Shazzan would definitely been a better choice than Frankenstein Jr. Either way, where the show had its moments, overall this was barely even kiddie faire, compared to other edgier Alex Toth HB series of the time. Only for completists.
on March 22, 2012
I was a little more than hesitant to buy the DVD , but it had been so many years since I'd seen Frankenstein Jr. and The Impossibles , that I thought I'd take a chance . Being that the DVD was a DVD-R , I wasn't sure how it would play in my DVD player ... but I'm really happy with the results ! The picture has great quality to it and I've had no problems with it in my player .

Plus , the series is so much fun ! I even find myself laughing at all the corny jokes . And it beats the heck out of most of the cartoons that currently play on Cartoon Network !
on July 18, 2015
I watched Frankenstein Jr. & the Impossibles when I was a little boy back in the 60's. I loved Frankenstein Jr. because his use of weapons against his various weapons are the types of things a little boy would think of - giggle beams & shrinking bombs and many more. The Impossibles - a silly super hero Rock & Roll band are just as much fun and it was great watching all of these episodes again. Note: I also had a Frankenstein Jr. coloring book when I was a kid.