- File Size: 670 KB
- Print Length: 256 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1438267096
- Publisher: Modern Library; New edition edition (January 5, 1999)
- Publication Date: January 5, 1999
- Sold by: Random House LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B000FC1I5Y
- Text-to-Speech: Not enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,298,200 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Frankenstein (Modern Library Classics) Kindle Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
- Highlight, take notes, and search in the book
- Length: 256 pages
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled
- Page Flip: Enabled
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible narration with Whispersync for Voice. Add narration for a reduced price of $1.99 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Thousands of books are eligible, including current and former best sellers.
- Look for the Kindle MatchBook icon on print and Kindle book detail pages of qualifying books. You can also see more Kindle MatchBook titles here or look up all of your Kindle MatchBook titles here.
- Read the Kindle edition on any Kindle device or with a free Kindle Reading App.
- Print edition must be purchased new and sold by Amazon.com.
- Gifting of the Kindle edition at the Kindle MatchBook price is not available.
|New from||Used from|
Intrusion: A Novel
A loving couple, grieving the loss of their son, finds their marriage in free fall when a beautiful, long-lost acquaintance inserts herself into their lives. Learn More
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
The basic plot remained intact when transferred to other media. Swiss medical student Victor Frankenstein discovers the secret of life (which he never reveals, lest someone repeat the mistake). He then puts together a body, essentially a man, from various corpses. He then becomes horrified by the creature he has built, and abandons. The creature, suffering a great deal of neglect and abuse, still manages to get a thorough education, and learns of his lineage. After murdering Victor's younger brother, and framing the family maid, the creature tells his (admittedly) sad tale to his "father", and then demands a mate. Victor, in a panic, agrees, then thinks better of it at the last moment, destroying the new bride. In retaliation, the creature murders all of Victor's loved ones (including his wife), and leads Victor on a merry chase across the world.
Most probably know that Mary Shelley wrote this book in response to a challenge issued by Lord Byron, during a vacation at Lake Geneva. (Along with this story came John Polidori's "The Vampyre", the first English vampire novel.) Most probably also know that Shelley went on to write other works of imaginative gothic fiction.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Beautiful story of Frankenstein and his monster. Simple easy and quick to read. Great price for a book of such quality!Published 2 days ago by AO
It was nothing like the movies we grew up with. It was totally a different story. Since it was written in 1818, the language was stiff. It took forever to get to the point. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Amazon Customer
It wasn't the version I needed. The Isbn that I entered and the book that was delivered were not the samePublished 8 days ago by Amazon Customer
I always thought that Frankenstein was about a man who was obsessed to bring dead back to life. It is far from the truth and so much more. I really enjoyed it.Published 8 days ago by Dana K
Frankenstein is a timeless classic, but I still felt that some of the chapters dragged on for an unbelievably long time.Published 14 days ago by Heather E.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Horror
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Horror
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Classics