Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Frankenweenie (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray...” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 61% off the $49.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Frankenweenie (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)
DVD & Digital Copy Included ed.
3D + DVD + Blu-ray + Digital | Box Set
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From Disney and creative genius Tim Burton (ALICE IN WONDERLAND; THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS) comes the hilarious and offbeat FRANKENWEENIE, a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life -- with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor's fellow students, teachers and the entire town learn that getting a new "leash on life" can be monstrous. Complete with electrifying bonus features, FRANKENWEENIE is alive with enchanting fun for the whole family.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Frankenstein puppy for the win.
The concept is fascinating. Most of the characters are based on iconic horror movie characters, like Frankenstein and Van Helsing. In addition, the movie is set in black and white, trying to capture the old look of horror movies. And yes, I don't think this film is suitable for children, more like teenagers and adults, containing some scenes that may disturb children.
It's the story of Victor Frankenstein (voiced by Charlie Tahan), who, after losing his beloved dog Sparky, tries to revive him using lightning. The experiment is a success, but no one should know about what happened. Things start to get messed up when Edgar (voiced by Atticus Shaffer) discovers Sparky.
The animation is great. Tim Burton brings us a stop-motion masterpiece, paying attention to every detail from the movie's beginning to its end. The decent overall voice performance does the job just fine, giving us spooky character, Atticus Shaffer's voice gave me the chills. Tim Burton's fine job and the voice actors' performance give us the horror atmosphere necessary for the movie.
Burton is always highly imaginative and creative, but he's somehow missing something. Don't get me wrong, the movie's great, but something would've made it better. Frankenweenie will entertain a good percentage of its watchers, making it a must see 2012 movie.
(1) The entire movie is black and white. Personally, I have no problem with this, but there are some people who can't watch black and white films. Most of Burton's movies have the black and white flavor, but with other colors included..where as this movie it's just black and white
(2) If you are fine with watching a movie about a re-animated dead dog, then you should not be shocked/surprised by much of anything in this film.
(3) SPOILER ALERT: One part about this film that I did love was the over all message about science being misunderstood, and that just because we use it (going against the cultural norms) in unusual ways, does not make it bad. Most monster style movies/ Frankenstien movies the overall message is usually that of "Oh, we should never have played God, because it is wrong" (referring to science distorting the world/ being evil). However, that is not the message in this film. In fact the message is about science being misunderstood. In the end the dog dies again, but the boy brings him back from the dead, again. However, this time the town people are fine with it, and there are no messages of science being the bad guy. HOWEVER, there is the message of be careful how you use science, for it can be destructive (I refer to how the other school children use it).
(4) The movie is not action packed, or adventurous. It can be a little slow moving at times, so don't watch it with expectations that it'll be wildly entertaining. It is not. It can be entertaining, but in a more subtle/ softer way.
(5) It is not a musical
(6) One scene that might be disturbing for some is at the end an evil bat cat creature is killed/impailed. It's not bloody, but I was a little surprised by it.
(7) My biggest concern throughout this entire film (because it can be sad at times) WAS that the re-animated dog was un-happy, and that the best thing for it would be letting it just die (tear jerking ending). However, this is not the case. SPOILER ALERT....In fact, the dog is fine, and happy by the end of the film. Personally, I was grateful about this. Usually in animal movies they kill the poor animal off. I am glade that this movie had a happy ending.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Movies & TV > Animation
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray 3D
- Movies & TV > Blu-ray > Movies
- Movies & TV > Boxed Sets > Comedy
- Movies & TV > Digital Copy
- Movies & TV > Fully Loaded DVDs > DTS
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Kids & Family
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Animation
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials