Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New album by Garth Brooks STEM Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Frankie Go Boom (Blu-ray)
Format: Blu-ray|Change

Charlie Hunnam, Chris O'Dowd, Lizzy Caplan, Ron Perlman, Chris Noth. I really shouldnb't have to say more....but I will. Hysterical. Wonderful. Light-hearted. Chris is the older brother of Charlie, he is just getting out of jail, he and Charlie have problems because Chris likes to film his brother in embarrassing moments such as getting jilted at the altar and posting them on the web, thereby humiliating his brother. Having said that he does it again and the comic craziness ensues. This movie is seriously funny and in the laugh out loud way. Rom Perlman is terrific. Charlie Hunnam needs to be a huge star. The characters are odd and very quirky and you will love each and every one. Mom and Dad, so funny too.
on July 22, 2015
Ok, so I only got this because the wife and I are huge SOA fans...on that level, it was fun to watch two main SOA tough guys (Jax and Clay) play roles completely different than what we're used to...funny, but not ground breaking. Ron Perlman was classic, but Charlie Hunnam, although funny, seemed a little unnatural.

The real stand out in this movie is Chris O'Dowd. Now THAT guy is downright hysterical and made the movie. His delivery, facial expressions, timing, everything was spot on. Total comic genius. I'd watch any movie with that guy. And Lizzy Kaplan drunk is by far an away one of the funniest scenes I've seen in a long time.

Plotwise, they didn't really reinvent the wheel here, but the story itself was pleasantly entertaining. Not anything that you need brainpower for, but you won't come away feeling like you wasted your time either. I do have to admit though, that we were a bit miffed by the ending.
on July 30, 2017
It tried to be a comedy... It tried to be a drama... and failed at both. I see some gave a high rating; maybe I didn't see the same flick as they did. You have to check it out for yourself. But if you don't find anything that you like in the first 20 minutes, tune out, it only gets worse.
on October 22, 2013
I've been watching Sons of Anarchy recently, and think that a lot of the actors in it have a good screen presence. I've liked Charlie Hunnam since Undeclared was on TV, so I decided to check this movie out.

Let me say that after seeing a few things with Charlie Hunnam in it, I'd started to get the definite impression that he was sort of a one-trick pony. His character in Pacific Rim struck me as basically Jax-Teller-turned-future-bad*ss. Even when he played Nicholas Nickleby, he seemed to rely on angry yelling for acting.

This movie, though... pleasantly surprised. Hunnam is very funny, and does a great job portraying the incredibly unfortunate dude with a terrible brother. Completely different than anything I've seen him do before, and it turned my opinion of him around.

Also, Ron Perlman (do they make movies that they're not in together?) is fantastic as transsexual Phyllis. The scenes with Phyllis and Frankie together are maybe the best parts of the movie, and that's saying something. The usually nice-guy Chris O'Dowd is terrific as the degenerate brother.

Anyway, great movie. I recommend it for a laugh.
on January 31, 2014
Charlie Hunnam did a beautiful job playing a gentle and completely charming character, which is the opposite of how he's normally seen in Sons of Anarchy and Pacific Rim. Even when he gets angrily frustrated at his incredibly manipulative & selfish brother (played by the brilliant Chris O'Dowd from the IT Crowd and Bridesmaids), there's this lightness to it. Charlie Hunnam said he wanted to take this role because it was different from the tough guy characters he normally plays. His character in this movie is, to me, the perfect man. What I also love is that Ron Pearlman (another tough guy actor from Sons of Anarchy and Hellboy) plays a cross-dresser, and it was totally Mr. Hunnam's idea to give him the role. Funny enough, Mr. Pearlman soon called Mr. Hunnam and said "How did you know I always wanted to play a woman?" Everyone in this movie is believable and exciting to watch. The story is well-written too, I enjoyed every minute of it!
on August 17, 2015
I don't really prefer comedies. But movie was totally off the hook. These people are just mental. Who does this stuff. Anyway
I don't want to give details. I like the cast members they were good in there roles. The movie is about crazy people doing crazy things.
I do recommend this film to others to see. It is very enjoyable. Just don't eat anything while watching. You will choke from their tom foolery.
on September 9, 2017
Decent flick. Get to see Charlie in an actual role and Ron getting to act lols
on September 3, 2017
Hilarious movie. Did not get a lot of recognition, however, the write is funny. The characters were fantastic, loved the pig. Watch it and you'll understand.
on January 27, 2015
I enjoyed this very much. I was looking for a refreshing, different type of comedy and this one certainly fill the bill. I'm sure that the reason I like this so much is because I get tired of movies that are just similar takes on the same plot over and over again. This was fresh and unique. Charlie Hunnam does a very good job with comedy. The other actors and actresses also were very enjoyable. If you want to laugh I recommend this movie.
on November 24, 2012
...Frankie Go Boom is a laugh out loud comedy where Charlie Hunnam and Chris O'Dowd are the perfect brothers, both trying to grow up yet always heading towards the grim past where each battled with the other in various forms of victim and bully. Charlie Hunnam shines as he steps out of his role as a biker gang member and into a comedy where he delivers a performance that shows his mastery of acting. Chris O'Dowd is wonderful, yet once again. And Ron Perlman! Hard to put into words, just go see him and the rest of the crew. You'll love it!