Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on April 26, 2015
DVDs come in a very nice case. Not wide screen. Special features start I believe on the 2nd season and on the 4th season they add the "play all" option. The only thing is they also add previews on the 4th season and I hate to have to forward all the time instead of being able to go straight to menu. But overall very good quality DVDs.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
90 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on April 9, 2015
It's Frasier. What can I say? The packaging is ok. It's not all the separate seasons boxed and wrapped.
There are two cases. One case holds seasons 1-6. The second case holds the remaining seasons. Each
container opens like a book and each DVD has it's own leaf it pops on to. Like pages in a book.

Update 5/6/2015...Season one has a special feature called, "Celebrity Voices", where the clip is played and
the celebrity voice is identified. This trend continues until the last part of season three where the special features
vary from disc to disc. The play all option starts with season four.
There is, [English Only Closed Caption].
review image
163 people found this helpful
|1616 comments|Report abuse
on June 1, 2015
I love Frasier and can watch the episodes over and over and never tire of them. They don't make sitcoms like Frasier anymore and this one keeps me laughing each and every time I watch them. The only issue I have with this series and the reason I didn't give it a five star review is that I did have an issue with one of the discs. It was defective and since there are so many of them, it is impossible to watch them all within the 30 day return policy. If you do find yourself with a defective disc, you have no recourse as far as getting it replaced or returned. That is a problem since I am only half way through the first years and my fear is that I am going to have more issues once I get through the entire set. If I do, I am stuck with the problem as there is no way to replace a defective disc. Amazon's return policies don't bode well for items that cannot be fully used within their 30-day return window.
70 people found this helpful
|33 comments|Report abuse
on May 9, 2017
I got this box set for my mom who is in a Nursing Home.
She loves Frasier and I was hopeful this would be entertaining. The problem is . . . . after each episode the DVD stops and you have to click on the next episode for it to play.
My mom can't do that so she is able to watch only one episode and then has to stare at the menu screen until someone comes by to help. Since I can't count on that, it was a disappointing purchase.
12 people found this helpful
on January 5, 2018
I love this series and really want it, but I can't get a working disc set. The first set I ordered on sale in December 2017 had a bad first disc. It was unreadable in two different Blu-ray players. Cleaning the disc didn't improve anything. I quickly exchanged the set for a replacement set. While the replacement set's first disc was somewhat readable, the disc would freeze, skip, and pixilate during the episodes. Cleaning the disc didn't help it either.

You cannot get replacement discs for just the defective discs---you have to return the entire set for replacement. Since the first disc in both sets was defective, I didn't bother to check any other discs in the sets because the whole set has to go back. I would have been willing to try one more replacement set in an attempt to get a working set, but Amazon didn't offer replacement after the second set, only refund. So I've settled for returning the last set for a refund. I really wish I could get a working set, but that doesn't appear to be possible.

If you've recently purchased this set or received it as a gift, check it as quickly as you can, before it's too late to return it. And at the first sign of trouble, return it immediately. There's no point in continuing with the rest of the discs, and you'll wind up stuck with a defective set.

BUYER BEWARE!
6 people found this helpful
on November 12, 2017
We're up to season four and there have been about six dvds that have viewing/audio problems. These problems ruin the otherwise pleasurable experience. It's terrible that they sell defective material. I believe others have noted the same problems.
9 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2017
Frasier was one of the best shows on television and I never get tired of watching it. A friend lent me her entire series to watch while I was recuperating from surgery for several months. Every evening I looked forward to watching these episodes after dinner. They made me laugh and gave me something to look forward to every night. Between Frasier and Friends I had a wonderful diversion and some great laughs!! After I was done watching my friend's complete series I missed seeing the shows so I ordered my own set. I am now watching it all over again and enjoying just as much. What a wonderful cast! Never get tired of seeing any of these episodes they are so well done.
4 people found this helpful
on July 27, 2016
Frasier the series easily earns five stars from me, but the packaging for the series is terrible. In order to save a few bucks the DVDs are packaged in such a way that they awkwardly overlap. The seasons are divided into two large cases, each of which is made with very flimsy plastic. The sleeves that the DVDs are held in are not actually connected to the case, which makes little sense to me.

So while the show is amazing, the packaging is TERRIBLE.
14 people found this helpful
on April 16, 2017
Okay, just finished watching the 44th disc. Yes, there was one disc that had a scratch which prevented one episode from playing all the way through. All of the other discs played flawlessly. Given the price of this set I'm very happy with that track record. And I like the cases that the DVD's come in, very compact yet they do a good job protecting the discs. I'd forgotten how good the show was although it did get a bit tedious in the final years, especially the Frasier character. The writing and comedy is far beyond anything that has come before or since. You just can't get more bang for your buck than with this set.
4 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2016
Unfortunately I did not open up every DVD case when it arrived. Today I reached the "Final Season" only to find that there was no DVD set inserted into the case. There is not even a tab holder to hold the DVD set from slipping around in the case. It is now too late to return the DVD set, or even get a refund/replacement for the last season. Nothing correct about leaving out a season out, especially the Final Season.
review imagereview image