Other Sellers on Amazon
Frasier: Season 2
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
24 episodes on 4 DVDs. Color/9 hrs/NR/fullscreen.
Frasier picked up its second season with another round of comedy as intelligent as its pompous title character. Fortunately, the sniping between Frasier (Kelsey Grammer) and his father, Marty (John Mahoney), that took up a lot of the first season is mostly past, and the crack ensemble was ready to roll in a number of memorable episodes. Frasier tries to set up Daphne (Jane Leeves) with the new station manager in "The Matchmaker," Frasier, Niles (David Hyde Pierce), and Marty go fishing in "Breaking the Ice," Frasier and Niles jump into politics in "The Candidate," the team of Frasier and Roz (Peri Gilpin) breaks up ("Roz in the Doghouse"), and Frasier and Niles open a restaurant in "The Innkeepers." It was Pierce's Niles who emerged as a star in the second season, lusting after Daphne, learning about parenthood in "Flour Child," and challenging a Bavarian fencer for the hand of his ever-absent wife, Maris, in the comic tour de force "An Affair to Forget." Pierce picked up a well-deserved first Emmy, and the show repeated its first-season Emmys for comedy series and lead actor. Frasier's dates included Jobeth Williams (whom he takes on a disastrous getaway to Bora Bora), Shannon Tweed, and Tea Leoni, and other guest stars were Nathan Lane and, from his original show, Cheers, Bebe Neuwirth and Ted Danson. --David HoriuchiSee all Editorial Reviews
- 24 episodes on 4 discs
- Marching On to Season 2 (featuring interviews with cast members and producers)
- The Mystery of Maris Continues
- Roz's Dating Tips
- The Nile & Daphne Attraction
- And Then There Was Eddie
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Season Two includes Slow Tango in South Seattle and The Candidate, two of their cleverest episodes. It also includes the Innkeepers, one of their best episodes of any season.
We have every season on DVD and every single disc has worked perfectly. Never a single issue with these DVDs.
Frasier gets my vote for the best comedy!
On a technical note, a great thing about this set is that the season is packaged in a regular DVD case, but with 4 discs packed back-to-back; this makes for more space on your shelf and a better presentation all around.
Here are some of the season's highlights:
1. Slow Tango in South Seattle: In this season opener, Frasier is horrified to discovers that a former acquaintance has written a bestselling book - loosely based on his past!
2. The Matchmaker: Hoping to help Daphne with her dating troubles, Frasier plays matchmaker and a host of romantic misunderstandings ensue.
3. Seat of Power: Frasier and Niles, after failing to fix their commode, hire a duo of plumbers - who turn out to be bullies from their childhood. Look for John C. McGinley (Office Space, Scrubs) in a guest-starring role.
4. Daphne's Room: After Frasier barges into Daphne's room unannounced and disrupts her privacy, a comedy of errors ensues when he tries to make it up to her.
5. An Affair to Forget: Frasier suspects that Maris may be having an affair, and Niles vows to confront the man she is seeing. Look for the hilarious "translation" scene towards the end of the episode.
6. The Innkeepers: Niles and Frasier decide to open a restaurant, and fail dismally. While this is well-tread territory for sit-coms ("I Love Lucy" did something similar in the 1950s) the way horrible disasters keep piling up is comic genius.