Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 56 reviews
on August 9, 2013
I have never laughed so hard at another movie. Alex Winter is just brilliant as an overly cocky star who is about to get freaked by an evil scientist (Randy Quaid). The story and jokes are just outlanidsh (in a good way)from the start and they never let up. Throw in Mr. T, Bobcat Goldwaithe, William Sadler, Brook Shields, etc., and you have a crazy assortment of talent firing at their comedic best. Not sure how this missed out on mainstream success, but it is destined to be a cult classic. I defy anybody to watch this whole movie with a straight face. If you can, you must be coming back back from a funeral.

Trust Me Buy This Movie! You wont Regret it.
on March 5, 2014
First off, I just want to start by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE Freaked. I have watched it so many times that it is ridiculous. I have owned the laserdisc, the UK DVD, & the American DVD release. Of those, the American DVD release is by far the best, as it is chock-full of extras (an entire bonus disc full in fact).

That said, I order the blu-ray the first day I heard it was going to be released. No information could be found about the bonus features, but I held out hope that the R1 DVD features would be ported over. Sadly, when the disc arrived, there were ZERO special features. This is about as bare-bones as I have ever seen a blu-ray. You pop it in & it begins playing the movie. No fancy menus, no trailers, no making of, especially no full-length rehearsals like the R1 DVD had. Still, all in all, I am happy that I purchased this, as the movie has never looked better. Unfortunately if one wants the entire package, you would have to buy the R1 DVD (which is out of print & very pricey) AND the blu-ray. For the price at the time ($12 if I remember correctly) it can't be beat. Everyone should see this film.
on June 1, 2017
100% new still in original packaging. This is a difficult video to find. I consider myself lucky that I found it here and once I received it I was more than 100% Happy! Time for a trip down memory lane!
on August 8, 2013
Firstly, this movie is AWESOME and everyone should see it!! It is 1993 brilliance. Alex Winter and Tom Stern are comedic gold. Every single time I watch this, I can't help but laugh at everything over and over and over. It is gross and weird and funny and has a GREAT soundtrack.

Secondly, the blu ray release is beautiful and clear and everything is great in the new upgrade to 1080p-dom...when the puss and mucous squirt out of Ricky Coogin's forehead, I feared for a moment that it would pop out of the screen and cover my face with green ooze. When Ernie vomits at first sight of Ricky's new face, I could hear every slosh and spray like you wouldn't imagine (or you will understand as soon as you buy it).

Thirdly, this is absolutely one of Keanu Reeves' best roles. period! Being uncredited, and in full dog boy make up, he gets so involved and excited in the role. He is Ortiz the dog boy. He has a fantastic and funny and has a hilarious accent and I love him!

Fourth and Finally, I was slightly disappointed that the newest release of the blu ray and dvd copies released Aug 6th, 2013, does not include the special features that were found on the previous 2005 release. I could not wait to watch the Rehearsal Script Reading and to watch the short films by Alex Winter again (it's been years)...but sadly this blu ray, is feature only. In fact from what I can tell, no menu option at all.

Be warned. great great movie but just not the same without all those neat features. probably going to have to break down and buy the overly expensive, out of print 2005 release to get the features and just have the 2 disc dvd sitting next to my new 1080p copy.
on December 27, 2013
I saw this movie on afternoon cable years ago, and thought it was hilarious. I then saw it in Walmart a few years ago, but didnt buy it at the time, and later regretted it. When I saw it on Amazon, I had to have it! It is that wacky off key humor that I and many other kooks enjoy. Insane concept, great characters, and zany one liners make this a wacked out classic. Bill and Ted + Tod Browning's Freaks + Great cast. Randy Quaid is..........vintage Randy Quaid. Great Movie for people who like crazy way out humor.
on March 6, 2017
Good stuff
on March 13, 2017
Thank you!
on April 23, 2017
This is actually the best movie ever made, you would know if you've watched it.
on August 19, 2013
The movie looks beautiful. I missed the 2 DVD edition so I can't compare, but the movie looks amazing. Unfortunately no extras at all. Not even a menu screen. The movie starts up right after the FBI warning and repeats after the movie ends. Unfortunately I will still have to find the 2 DVD version for all the ton of extras it has, which is why this is only getting 4 stars. If they would have just added the deleted scenes from that set, I would have given up for 5 stars on the great picture quality of the movie.
on August 2, 2016
i loved it when i see it as a child and i still do. it has monsters both good and bad. plus a mad scientist that creates monsters. i dont recommend letting children under 12 watch it though.