Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: MR. FOOD FACE|Change

Showing 1-10 of 322 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 365 reviews
on December 19, 2015
Don't buy this product!!!!!!! I purchased several of these plates as gifts and when I opened the box of one of them to check the item before wrapping it, I discovered that the paint on the face chips off very easily. These plates are brand new!! I rubbed the tip of my finger over the face and paint was flaking off of it! Not only does this look horrible, but it is potentially very dangerous. These are very poorly fabricated plates (made in China - cheap labor, cheap materials) and I would NEVER eat off of them, let alone allow my children to. Mmm, paint chips for lunch anyone? If I can return these, I will and I will NEVER purchase anything from this company ever again. They should be out of business.
review image review image
on August 15, 2015
The plat looks nice,the concept is very interesting. Unfortunately the one I received got loose painting before I even use it, now i'm not sure it's safe to eat with it.
review image
on February 23, 2016
I bought this plate for my grandson's third birthday. After my grandson opened the plate, my daughter went to brush a fleck of something off the face on the plate only to realize the paint is chipping off! As she brushed her finger over the painted face, more and more paint was coming off. The paint was actually rough feeling and just chipping off. In reading through some of the past reviews after the fact, I see others experienced the same issues.

Also, I did not realize when I purchased it that it is actually made of breakable, ceramic material. If this plate were dropped, it would shatter. Not a good thing for a three year old.

Very disappointed because it is actually a really cute idea.
on September 18, 2015
I was pretty amused by the idea of these plates and the possibility that decorating the faces with fruits and vegetables would be one way to encourage healthy eating. Honestly, they are a bit expensive for one plate, but I thought we would use it often. This review is for the "girl" plate. After washing it once or twice I noticed that the slightly darker pink coloring around Ms. Food's pink cheeks was chipping. Very disappointed. I was concerned that if the paint contained lead, my child might have ingested some. So...I scraped a bit more of that lining off and applied the lead test liquid to it. To my eyes, it appears to have darkened. A positive test, will show pink or red--the color I was testing was a light pink. With the application of the liquid, it did appear to darken to a red. I would like the company in charge of producing this product to conduct an investigation of these plates and their lead content. The plates are clearly marketed for children and should absolutely NOT contain any lead as it has been well documented that even tiny amounts of lead cause damage to growing brains.

At best, the painting on these plates is of poor quality, at worst they are a health hazard. Please don't buy this.
review image
on January 10, 2015
I have bought probably over 30+ of these plates over a span of 5 years and this is the first time it came as a plastic plate and not ceramic. It even says ceramic on the box. It wasn't totally obvious on the top part of the site and I didn't check product details, so it's not as if the seller didn't tell you it was plastic, but it wasn't obvious. But it was also the same price as the ceramic plate!

The ceramic plates are great, my kids use them almost daily and have been doing so since I got them 5 years ago. We have since given them out to tons of kids for their birthdays. I hope you can find them again, they are great.
on November 19, 2014
If your little one is 3 years old or less, do not buy it! The plate is made of ceramic and can break very easily (inappropriate for toddlers). I would love if I could find the same product made of plastic PBA free.
on August 26, 2015
It's cool and all.. However, I kinda messed up and didn't read the whole description.. It sadly only comes with one plate. So every night I pick my favorite kid (yes it changes daily) and they get to enjoy their scrumptious dinner prepared by yours truly on the Fred and Friends food plate. Now my kids behave all day so they can be the winner. Just kidding, that would never happen. They are perfectly imperfect children. So this plate will not change your cayotic home in to an adorable tree huggin, yoga stretching breaking for whales kinda house.. But, its pretty cool.
on March 4, 2016
This is the cutest plate ever...and it takes me back to my youth when I would try to build a beard and put hair on his head with the magnet wand over the plastic cover containing all those little shards of black metal...Remember??? Now, I get to play when creating my grandson's dinner plate, and watch him laugh as he sees what I've done with his mashed potatoes, corn and meatloaf!! Then he has fun creating his own designs as well!! The plate is very well made, in fact I thought it was plastic or melamine but it's actually a very nice ceramic!! I highly recommend this plate if you are looking for a little humor at meal time.
on August 25, 2015
My rating for the plate itself is 5 stars, it is cute, thick, and very sturdy. My 3 year old loves it!! I wish I had read the description better because like many reviewers stated I thought it was for more than one plate. I also didn't read the reviews before buying this either which would have also helped me to understand it was only one plate, not a set. So quality wise I would give it 5 stars, price wise I give it 4 stars. It's a little too expensive in my opinion for one plate.
on November 7, 2015
We received one of these as a gift and my two kids fought over it so much I had to buy another one!

I'll admit, we DO NOT have picky eaters. My kids will eat anything, so I can't comment if it helps kids eat better. But I can say it inspires creativity, it gives us something to talk about at dinner time (have you ever tried to have dinner conversation with a 2 and 4 year old?!?) and it makes them feel special that they have their own plate. I also like that they're using a proper ceramic plate and not tempted to throw it for fear it might break. Both kids love their plate so much they respect it, and the food that's on it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.