Fred & Friends MANATEA Silicone Tea Infuser
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The infuser is constructed from silicone, which is soft, food-safe and tasteless, so it won't affect the taste of your tea.
- This tea infuser perches on the rim of your tea cup so you don't have to worry about fishing it out.
- 100% BPA-free silicone construction is easy to clean.
- The infuser measures 4-1/2 by 3 inches.
- This product is dishwasher and microwave safe.
- Remember, only authentic MANATEA have the Fred logo on the back of the fin
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the manufacturer
Second Helpings of Fun
Who We Are?
The Rhode Island based Fred team works with global artists to create well-designed stuff that will put a smile on your face.
We’ve laid out the table for you! Come together and celebrate food, fun and great design.
Fun Meets Around
Usability and style sit together at our table. ..so join us!
Compare to similar items
This item Fred & Friends MANATEA Silicone Tea Infuser
Fred & Friends SLOW BREW Sloth Tea Infuser B00V6AJN5Q
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$5.00|
|Color||MANATEA||SLOW BREW||pink, grey||Coffee|
Save waste and add a little fun to your tea time with the Fred and Friends MANATEA Silicone Tea Infuser. The infuser is constructed from silicone, which is soft, food-safe and tasteless, so it won't affect the taste of your tea. This tea infuser perches on the rim of your tea cup so you don't have to worry about fishing it out. 100% BPA-free silicone construction is easy to clean. The infuser is 4-1/2 by 3 inches. This product is dishwasher and microwave safe.
Top Customer Reviews
First of all, the style is perfect for me because I'm a fan of the movie Elf that has the unicorn/whale creature, Mr. Narwhal. I saw this and thought, "Ooh, what a unique addition to my collection!" When it arrived, I couldn't wait to brew a cup of tea using it.
So besides being cute, how does it work? Well, I think it works very well. I put some very finely ground tea into the infuser and set it into my mug of hot water. The infuser gripped the sides of the cup well - although if it were a mug with thicker sides, it may not have worked - and the water moved in and out as it should. I did find that the tea seeped much quicker if I moved the infuser around a bit rather than letting it just sit on the side of the mug. I also found that with the finely ground tea that it will fall through the holes of the infuser when it's moved around. That isn't something that bothers me, but I wanted to mention it here.
The Narwhal tea infuser is a really great buy for any tea fan - especially those who like Elf.
* Really cute
* BPA free
* It sometimes holds tea and fits in a tea cup
* Pain to fill with loose tea. The opening in the bottom of the diver is small, and the silicone itself is very soft, so bits of tea stick to the rim of the infuser where it prevents a complete seal, and to the outside of the infuser where you can't really get them off, resulting in bits of tea floating in your beverage or worse, failure of the seal and tea all over the place.
* Silicone is too thick. This causes the infuser to fail by trapping air that causes the infuser to float. When it floats, it doesn't really infuse into your hot water or it infuses so SLOWLY that your tea is cold before you even get to drink it. The only way to avoid this is to pack the infuser tight with an unnecessarily large amount of your expensive tea so as to eliminate air spaces in the infuser. Of course, if your tea expands too much, it causes the seal to fail, and we're right back to having tea all over the place.
* Metal doohickey on the end of your infuser prevents you from warming tea in the microwave. Who would do that? Somebody who has been waiting 15-20 minutes for their tea to steep because their adorable infuser is floating at the top of the cup, laughing at them.
* Pain to clean up. Just as air gets stuck in his noggin when you're trying to brew the tea, the tea itself gets stuck there when you're trying to clean him up.
The infuser is so cute I kept it for 3 years. I tried and tried the first few weeks of those three years to come up with the right balance, or technique, or whatever to make it work; then I put it in the cupboard. It seemed too cute to just toss away so I justified keeping it as a "back up" in case my other infusers failed or broke. Today I got it down, filled it with my Jade Citrus Mint tea, and watched it float at the top of my cup, as my weak, sad tea became cold.
Today I cut his tank line, exposed him to microwave radiation, and ultimately, after a moment of silence, consigned him to the depths of Jones' locker, aka, my Hefty bag.
2 stars because it's kind of cutesy, I guess. I may be being somewhat generous with that. That's about where the positives end.
I think this thing just doesn't have enough holes. Infusing tea in this whale in not a pleasing experience. It takes a LONG time. I've tried many different types of teas with this, and the only ones that seem to somewhat work are the overly strong ones (like a Jasmine Green Pearl tea). Even then, it doesn't work so well. Most of the time, the tea gets cold before you even have a chance to enjoy it.
So there you have it, a tea infuser that can't even do it's primary function well. Ended up buying one of the straight metal mesh strainers and it's WORLDS apart from this in terms of functionality. Save your money, unless you want it for decoration.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Works great,great gift to a tea lover !!