Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on January 7, 2010
I bought these as a present, and as soon as i opened it, i wanted one of my own. The invaders are small, but adorable none the less. When my boyfriend opened his present, his entire family crowded around, and everyone owww'ed and awwww'ed. His parents loved them because they both remembered the invaders from playing the video game. In fact, they got more of a reaction than the big gift i got him. So all in all, they are amazing, and i would highly suggest this to anyone.

WARNING : I know from experience DO NOT PUT THESE IN THE DISHWASHER. They mess them up all hardcore.
on February 8, 2011
Saw these on ModCloth and desperately wanted them but they were sold out, so I was thrilled to find them on Amazon. It was quite a hunt to find them though, seems they are a discontinued product so get it while you can. I also have the "Gin and Titonic" ice tray which is very fun but the Ice Invaders are by far easier to use. This tray is very sturdy to fill and easy to get the ice invaders out. The size fits perfectly in my refrigerator. I only wish I would have bought more than two! It was also quite a thrill getting the package as it ships from the UK so it said "royal mail" on it and the packing list had the price in pounds. I should also mention I received my order a full ten days before it was predicted to arrive which was great.
VINE VOICEon June 1, 2010
This is a great little ice tray if you're a fan of retro-gaming or just cool stuff in general (Space Invaders was the first game I got with my Atari 2600...brings back memories). The Invaders are a bit on the small side, but that's not a killer (I mix them with the ice from my fridge's ice machine which look kind of like the motherships). The one big thing that I noticed is that these have a very high temperature rating since they're made out of cooking-grade silicon, so the uses for this go way beyond just making ice cubes. Even the packaging is great, complete with an Atari 2600 joystick. All-in-all, I'm very happy with my purchase.
on February 15, 2011
The product (ice cube trays) was a little smaller than I expected, however, I still think they will be fun and useful to own. PLEASE NOTE: This company's warehouse is located in the UK, which means shipment takes a LONG time. I did not realize this at first (admittedly, my fault) and was disappointed at the delivery date. In the company's defense, I communicated with them several times and they were always professional and prompt in replying, and are trying to make their shipping location better known to online shoppers. As long as you don't need your merchandise right away, I highly recommend them.
on June 9, 2010
I bought this purely for geek cred and I ended up really liking this item. I like how the ice cubes look just like those aliens from Space Invaders. I can't wait to use them when my geek friends come over to my place to play a game of D & D. The dudes are in for a surprise. And the pictures of this ice cube tray has more likes in my Facebook album than all my pictures combined together. This Ice cube tray is so full of win that geek girls might want those little aliens in places your geek mind can't imagine. Buy this fellow geeks.. you wont regret this purchase.
on January 29, 2012
We own a few of the Fred and Friends ice cube trays - and we bought this one thinking it would be great fun for drinks. the invador bits and pieces from this tray are cute but in fact too small - they melt pretty soon after you put them in any drinks so you can't really enjoy the shapes. also we kept getting odd waxy residue on the ice from this particular mold so we stopped using it all together. not recommended for ice. . maybe better for chocolate and stuff -
on April 1, 2014
Cute and holds a lot of ice cubes. Great for a party or just hanging out with friends making cocktails. Easy to wash and easy to pop the ice out. Not very practical for a hot day but if you want to add some pizzazz (yes I just wrote that) to your drink this is perfect.
on June 16, 2009
I love this mold, I've used it several times to make chocolate space invaders. I even got a second one, so I could produce my armies of chocolate invaders faster!

Also can make ice cubes, but I've only done that once or twice. Worked well for that, too.

The Fred molds are higher-quality than the Lekue molds, the Fred ones are made of cooking-grade silicon which will hold up to high temps well. I've had some Lekue ones melt in the dishwasher from being on the lower rack too close to the heating element, while the Fred one right next to them was fine.
on June 12, 2009
Woot for novelty silicone ice-cube molds!

I purchased this Fred product from Amazon after I bought the "Gin and Titonic" boat-shaped ice-cube mold. This product uses a slightly different kind of silicone than the Titonic mold. This one is much more flexible and pliant. It is extremely easy to remove the ice-invaders from the mold just by poking them from the back with a thumb. I have yet to break any of them while extracting. They look neat and they are pretty fun to have floating in your drink.

Now, you say to yourself, why only 4 stars? Well, I want to love this product, I'm a huge nerd and a fan of Fred, but it's just not perfect. The mold is too small, the resulting ice-invaders are barely the size of a quarter coin. It takes about half a tray to fill one of my rock glasses, and the small size of the ice-invaders means they are soon unrecognizable from quick melting.

I suggest if you get this you spend a week before your party making as many invaders as you can and store them in the freezer. At least until Fred goes back to the drawing board and makes 'em bigger.
on February 18, 2013
Every product I have purchased from Fred has exceeded my expectations. Obviously as a geek fan of Space Invaders, these ice cubes will look terrific on your drinks.
A bit of a warning is cubes are not very big, so don't expect to have huge ice invaders cubes.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.