BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 6, 2016
I had very high expectations before receiving it. The watch itself is very nice indeed and very elegant no doubts here. and actually looks it worth more than what was paid, but there is a room for improvements, the latin number for instance could have been better if they had any kind of dimension not just flat print on the dial, the strap itself could have been better I guess, comparing to the cheaper jazzmaster which I believe had better leather strap quality "in my opinion"

But you cannot beat this price range or even come close for an in-house Swiss made Automatic movement! with magnificent built quality
review image review image review image
on January 24, 2015
Let's face it, for a guy like me that just can't justify spending at least $5K to get a genuine, mechanical Swiss watch, this one is made to order--for less than half of the competition. Combined with the fact that it is an in-house movement, and you have something that you can be proud of. It's just cool to turn it over and have a sapphire crystal back that allows you to view the movement "doing its thing." I find everything charming about this watch, particularly at this price point. I've seen some complain that the numerals on the watch are painted on, rather than being raised, but I don't find it off-putting at all. I think the folks at Frederique Constantine did a great job, and a valuable service making such a watch available to someone like myself. Even the watchband is acceptable (though I must admit. I did swap it out for a longer band, and I wish that the company would provide a long option for some buyers. The clasp on the original band will be missed, as it is a smooth attach and release. If you want a real, well crafted watch, and can't seem to manage to pull a silver spoon out of your arse, this may be the one for you.
on April 30, 2016
I had been eyeing this Frederique Constant Manufacture Classic watch for quite some time in a few retail outlets in my area because it's an absolutely gorgeous watch, a swiss made high caliber movement developed in house, and it's amazing craftsmanship / quality. The butterfly clasp is quite excellent and easy to take on / off, the movement is absolutely stunning along with the dial, the sapphire crystal has taken a beating but you would never know it by looking at it and it just overall is an elegant watch.

On top of that, Perfect Timing had raised the price just before I was looking to buy it, but after reaching out, PT was more than happy to lower the price back down for me. Great customer service, very flexible, and at least in my case, the watch was 100% genuine at about 1/4 the listed MSRP (and about $1000 cheaper than the next best offer I could get).
on October 17, 2014
I couldn't be more satisfied with this watch, honesty, when you hold it in your hands and look at it it feels like you a getting away with something more valuable. If you are still deciding about buying this watch, go ahead, you won't regret it. Thank you Amazon for such great service and thank you Frederic Constant for provide the opportunity of owning a magnificent time piece to those who can't afford high end luxury watches,
on June 3, 2015
cheap.
on August 2, 2016
It's just the right value for money though the band quality doesn't look high quality leather.
on September 29, 2015
Date stopped working after 1 day
on September 25, 2012
Truth in advertising, I purchased this watch from an Amazon-affiliated vendor, but not via Amazon. However, it is the identical watch, brand new, at almost exactly the same price, but with a rose gold finish.

First, the appearance, fit and finish of this watch are all excellent, on a par with very high-end Swiss watches that go for many thousands of dollars. The dial is decorated in several classic patterns, all beautifully done, including of course the roman numerals; they are not too large nor too small. The time is very easily readable. The patterns and roman numerals also give the watch a very classic feel, but with a contemporary element as well. The date sub-dial at 6 o'clock also adds to the watch and is also readable.

The overall heft of the watch is excellent. Very solid and substantial feel but not at all clunky or heavy.

The back of the watch is equally impressive, with a large skeleton window showing the movement, and blued screws. Various markings around the edges identify the brand, model number, swiss made, 5ATM and "manufacture" (see below). The case back is a screw on version, all beautifully rendered.

The movement itself is a variation of Constant's FC-700 "in-house" movement, meaning that it is designed and manufactured by FC, and not ETA or other "off-the-shelf" Swiss movements. The use of such a "in-house" movement is the mark of a very high-end watch maker, such as Patek Philippe, Jaeger LaCoultre, Rolex, and others. Watches with such movements usually start at $5K and go up very high from there. No other Swiss-originated, Swiss-made, luxury watch maker produces such a movement at this price. Really amazing.

The size (42mm) is very good for my large wrist. It is about as large as I will go.

I have only owned the watch for a little over 24 hours, but thus far it is running well and keeping superb time. It has gained just three seconds. I'll see how it does over a longer stretch, but I doubt it will gain or lose many more seconds per day.

All in all, a superb watch, most suitable for dress occasions. But I am not a big fan of sport or pilot-style watches and so intend to wear this excellent timepiece as both a dress and everyday watch, alternating with my other watches.

By the way, the photo of this watch on the Amazon site is awful. It does not give you a good sense of its first-rate appearance and finish. If you want to see better photos of it, go to a watch blog called Hodinkee and search for "Frederique Constant".

Last point. FC is not a readily known watch brand, especially in the U.S. It is owned by a Dutch couple and has only been in existence for a few decades. But it is well known and much admired among luxury watch enthusiasts, even the "Watch Snob" on the Askmen website. If you desire a high-end, high-quality, beautifully finished watch with an in-house movement, and don't want to pay an astronomical price, check out this watch.
on April 18, 2016
Exploring this company was the best thing for my watch collection! The elegance the detail of this time piece. The only thing I was a little bit thrown off by, I thought the face would be bigger. But after wearing it for about a week now, I see that the subtle 42 mm are just right for this luxury time piece it does not need to scream look at me! So beautiful and I exact, love it!!! Already looking at the blue world time...
review image
on June 28, 2015
Great watch, classic Breguet styling with in house mov't at regular human being prices.