Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on June 8, 2016
I used this book to do my second quilt using my new machine's quilting ability. I used to do hand quilting so I needed a book with clear instructions, a lot of them, and a variety of them. This book has it and is a handy reference. The quilting came out great, pebbles and spirals, and I have gotten over my fear of making mistakes as once you finish, wash it, only your eyes can see any flaws.
on October 3, 2013
This is a good book for anyone who wants to quilt their quilts themselves instead of being only a "top maker." You can learn and use these designs whether you are a beginner or very experienced. Most of them are easy to do, and all of them can be done with a little practice. her way of teaching the designs is very clear and easy to understand.
on May 24, 2014
I'm a beginner FMQ'r and I use this book constantly. It has many patterns and step by step pictorial with written instructions on how to sew them. I have quilted more than ten quilts thus far using the patterns in this book. Highly recommend it for a beginner. Probably great for the accomplished because it has many advanced patterns listed as well.
on July 18, 2013
I love this book. I love Angela Walters even though I have never met her, talked to her, or heard of her before this year. I am even very fond of Grandpa Ford for encouraging Angela to enter the world of quilting. I base these comments on what I learned in Free-Motion Quilting with Angela Walters: Choose & Use Quilting Designs on Modern Quilts. The book is full of information about the designs that Angela has used on modern quilts. She shares how she makes the designs, and if there's one thing you will take away from it, it is to practice drawing every day, to practice with your machine, AND to do each of those thing a lot. The book is practical, helpful, full of great ideas and is an easy, interesting read. I am glad that I bought it.
on July 24, 2012
I've been an avid quilter for many years, but recently purchased a Longarm Quilting machine. I was needing a good resource to show me different "easy" designs to start out with. On previous quilts I've always just done "stitch in the ditch". Just got this book in the mail today and read the entire thing already. Lots of pictures, so it's an easy read. Angela does a great job showing several simple and easy stitches. I can't wait to try out some of the design ideas. Her illustrations are easy to follow, plus she always shows finished examples of each stitch. This will definitely be my bible for a while until I get the hang of longarm quilting. Excellent book!
on November 22, 2012
This book is fabulous! Not only does Angela Walters show some of her favorite quilting patterns on quilts she has made (and others have made as well), but she tells you how to execute them! This is one of my go-to books in my studio. I frequently refer back to it, and have actually adapted the all-over floral pattern with a few changes. My clients love the patterns I've used from this book, or taken inspiration from, and so do I.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 20, 2013
This was my first book on free motion and wow!, it is good! She is a clever woman and the designs are perfect for modern quilts. She is right about the thread choice, no more lint in bobbin or at least a lot less lint. And because I've been practicing ,the designs look super good. I may end up with another book because this one is getting worn out.
This book is inspiational. It makes me feel like I can actually do the quilt patterns that are shown in the book. The quilting patterns are broken down to show how to make the different designs. Angela is a fantastic quilter, and this is a fantastic book.
on September 16, 2013
Love the designs and instructions are easy to follow. Great chapter on how to select designs for your own quilts. Lots of pictures of quilts showing the various designs in the book. The only thing I wish she had included more on, is some tips, hints, and tricks for those of us who are new to free motion quilting.
on January 6, 2018
Just purchased to help me with my free motion quilting. I’m working on drawing out the design before I take it to the quilt.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse