Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 58 reviews
on July 5, 2007
Seth Godin writes innovative, thought provoking and fun to read marketing books. This book is all of those things. After all, any book that had the first 100,000 copies available inside a cereal box (get it, the Free Prize Inside?) must be innovative, thought provoking and fun.! This is written as a marketing book and so if you are an entrepreneur, have a marketing interest or responsibility, I believe it is a must read.

But I recommend it for everyone else too - because about half of the book is about the most important part of the idea -selling it. So if you are trying to influence change in your organization, sell your ideas to others, propose an acquisition, suggest a new product line or influence others in your organization in any way, then I recommend you read this book.

(Hint - that last paragraph should be all of us, even if we could care less about "marketing" in our company) Read it because it is innovative. Read it because it is fun. Read it because it has practical information to help you sell others on your ideas.
on August 14, 2007
This is a brilliant book for those who wish to be change agents and creative marketers. The concepts in this book are simply amazing and helped me thrive my business, so it went from regional to international (although the other writings from Seth Godin should be credited for this too).

The downside is that I feel this book (the title and cover) has the feeling it's a joke. Too big of a promise, too vague of a title. It's not a joke.

If you have that idea too, I'd hereby want to convince you to ignore the cover and the (sub)title and just buy the book. (Well, that is if you want to apply change in (your) company and want to have your marketingskills grow exponentially...)
on March 30, 2014
I read Purple Cow which this book is kind of a follow up to, but I enjoyed Free Prize Inside much more. Very motivating and a whole lot of take-aways. Yes the book is aimed towards entreprenuership and business but one can apply these principles to just everyday life.
on October 4, 2011
The book is well written, however as in many business books the Free Prize Inside could have been an article in a business publication rather than a book. The premise of the book is to develope your ideas and get others in the organization to take ownership and champion your cause. This could have been abbreviated to five pages.
on November 20, 2014
Excellent. Seth Godin is always giving his readers something to think about. Always a different angle so we can see "marketing" from a different prospective.
on June 5, 2015
I really liked this book it gave me a lot of insigh and was great reading
on September 4, 2013
Enough has been written about this book so I won't revisit all of the previous praise. What I liked about it was it didn't just teach me what to do it taught me how to think about things.
on January 19, 2005
Awesome book. Seth's "BIG FRONT FOUR" (my name for four key excerpts that knocked me for a loop)...

"Focus on the unsatisfied."

"Make An Invisible Service Visible."

"The free prize transcends the utility of the original idea."

"When you identify what's broken among your competitors,

you've found a free prize."

... caused us to find our product's "Secret Prize."

We implemented a program within 5 days that has so far caused sales to jump by 50%. Tremendous feedback from inbound e-mail corroborates that we're on the right track, as does the fact that existing customers identify strongly with this "core" messaging.

I've read all of Seth Godin's books. This one is his best.

Ken Evoy

President, SiteSell.com

htttp://[...]
on July 29, 2014
If you want the secret to make a purple cow then you should read this book. In the edges you will find the prizes.
on September 21, 2013
Awesome marketing advice I'm putting to use every day. If you want to jump ahead of your competition, follow the advice in this book.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.