Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop now Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Platform: PlayStation2|Change

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
VINE VOICEon April 7, 2010
I hadn't heard about this game until I came across some online video showing the game play. I ordered it that very same day. I have always loved games where you have teammates supporting you and Freedom Fighters delivers that experience.

You take on the roll of a plumber in an alternate reality where the Soviet Union has been slowing taking over most of the world. They invade your city and you're forced into becoming a guerrilla solider and ultimately the very face of the counter offensive. The city and characters look good not great, but considering the number of guys fighting at once, the snow effects in some areas, and the draw distance, all with no slowdown at all the graphics are very impressive. I did find it hard to tell friends from enemies at a distance.

Controls are tight and make use every button on the controller, including L3 and R3. Command over your allies is pretty good, but you can only order them in sequence. This can be annoying if you put a guy someplace strategic and then place the next guy at the wrong spot. You have to issue your position orders all over again to get everybody in the right place. Oh and yes you can invert the Y-axis or not, which is my biggest concern with this type of game. Woo hoo!

During a level you're given one or more areas to visit to complete objectives which usually break down to free the prisoners, blow up an objective, or raise the flag over a building to capture it for your group. In theory you can take them in multiple ways, but in practice if you don't complete the missions in specific order you're not going to be able to finish them. Don't worry though, it's pretty easy to figure out the order and you're given hints. The only level I looked to a guide for was an assignation level where you're on your own and you'll be playing the level over repeatedly if you don't know what to expect.

My only real gripe is with the length. I've only been playing it a couple of days and I'm already over half done. It think it'd be a fun game to replay, but it comes in on the low end of the amount of play time I expect out of a title. The good news is that nowadays the price is really low so you can get it cheap and not really have to worry about how much length you're getting for your money.
on October 16, 2011
A lot of times, when I get a new system, I will go on for a while picking up different games and playing through them and figuring out what I think about them, but many of them I will often wind up trading toward other games as I go along. However, later on, I will often go back and recollect the ones I most enjoyed. I just recently recollected this one for my Ps2 collection, having been one of my favorites on Ps2. I have recollected a good chunk of others on Ps2 at this point as well, spare a few. The only problem with this game is that sometimes it can tend to be a bit glitchy, but overall this was an awesome game! If you have Ps2 or Xbox access, I recommend checking this game out if you have never played it...if you like adventure & shooters. It was pretty cool, and the storyline is kind of a 'what if?' type of scenario...if America had been invaded by another country. It's really a lot of fun, and if you want to have a little more fun with it too, there are some fun cheat codes for it. Overall, very fun!
on March 4, 2013
But the packaging was cheap and didn't seem like from the factory. The game is very fun though. Have it on pc too. But the problem was that I though ps3 could play ps2 games. And finding out the hard way, my model on playstation does not. But I have been playing this on pc and I love the story line. My favorite thing about this game though is the dialogue and the split-screen multiplayer! You're guaranteed to have a great time playing the capture the base type multiplayer with friends!
on July 16, 2015
Worked perfectly and everything was in perfect condition.
I received the game in under a week, even coming from Hawaii, and the price was amazing!
I've looked for this game for years and never thought I'd find it for only $8! Thanks!
on April 26, 2017
Recommend this gem my copy worked great.
review image
on February 26, 2013
This game has a great plot, with reversed major historical events and multi-player is great with 4 controllers and at least a 32" LCD/LED/Plasma etc etc (Plasma T.V. Owners Note: don't leave any static image on a Plasma type T.V., as it may burn into the screen with sometimes permanent damage and ghosted images).
on March 24, 2016
I'm just grateful for the quality I received this product! Can't wait to play!
on April 13, 2016
This is way better than The Division from a game play perspective.
on January 23, 2014
Great story line, Good controls. Lots of action.
I love it. Keeps me busy for hours. Being disabled this helps.
on December 31, 2014
Was looking for this.Great price,fast shipping.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.