- Paperback: 239 pages
- Publisher: University of Virginia Press; 1st Paperback Edition edition (March 29, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0813920965
- ISBN-13: 978-0813920962
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 0.8 x 8.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.7 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #4,141,094 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Freedom's Promise: Ex-Slave Families and Citizenship in the Age of Emancipation 1st Paperback Edition Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
An important piece of scholarship, Freedom’s Promise represents a closely argued and elegantly written examination of the Civil War pension process as experienced by African-American veterans and their families.(Joseph P. ReidyHoward University, author of From Slavery to Agrarian Capitalism in the Cotton Plantation South)
About the Author
Elizabeth Regosin is Assistant Professor of History at St. Lawrence University.
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|