- Paperback: 234 pages
- Publisher: Morgan James Publishing (January 2, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1683504569
- ISBN-13: 978-1683504566
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 164 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #232,060 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Freelance to Freedom: The Roadmap for Creating a Side Business to Achieve Financial, Time and Life Freedom Paperback – January 2, 2018
|New from||Used from|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Bracingly honest, direct and powerful―here are useful lessons from the trenches
– Seth Godin
About the Author
Vincent Pugliese has a Bachelor Degree in Communication from Ohio University, where he was named National Champion for the William Randolph Heart Photojournalism Championship prior to graduation. Vincent has photographed for all of the leading wire services and various national and local publications throughout the United States. Vincent has photographed all major sporting and news events, including the Super Bowl, the World Series, the NHL Final, the NBA Conference Finals, The Kentucky Derby and even Wrestlemania! Vincent has been assigned to photograph events in nearly every state in the nation. He resides in Bethel Park, Pennsylvania.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 164 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reading this book is the equivalent of swallowing the red pill. But this time it’s real – and it’s your life.
This book wakes you up to the reality of:
• What it really means to work for an employer (your time, your financial security, and how much you earn is out of your control).
• How and why we are socialized to accept beliefs that are counter-intuitive to common sense (how debt chains us to a vicious cycle of worry, fear, and work that drains our zest for life).
• Exactly how you can reconstruct your life to create personal and financial freedom.
This book is different from the many, many other self-help books I have read. Pugliese is a grounded-in-reality, middle-class guy who has come through the fire. He tells it like it is – from his bad-boy youth, know-it-all attitude, lack of goals, and screw-ups leading to $140,000 in debt, to building a life that now allows him to spend extensive quality time with his family and do work that he loves – debt-free.
His real life story is riveting; I read the first 80 pages of the book in one sitting. His candid revelations make you root for him and his family, but at the same time you wonder how he’s going to get out of this mess he’s created. He explains that, in detail, and how – despite what seems to be a mile-high wall – he and his wife create a life that’s the envy of anyone who has stared out a car or bus window on the daily commute, thinking that there has to be a better way.
Reading this book changed me. Now I simply can’t look at traditional employment and money the same way I used to, and I’m making major life changes for the better as a result.
Looking for something to inspire you to build a life that you control instead of the other way around? This is your book.
This is something that, while I am on my own journey to financial freedom, is at the heart of what I'm trying to learn and apply. And the best part of this book is the power that can be unlocked by APPLYING what you learn from Vincent. This is one of the most practical, applicable financial books I've ever read.
- I dug in deeper on paying off our family debt, having paid off $17,000 since beginning this book in 2016.
- I optimized my freelance cleaning biz to work 1.5 days for the same income I used to earn at 5, thus moving me from Phase II to Phase III of Vincent's 5 Phases. I am so close to Phase IV right now and enjoying the smallest fruits of freedom!
- I have better health, better relationships, and less stress in my life so I can be more present for my wife and 5 kids.
This book is not meant to be read, rather STUDIED and APPLIED. Here are my favorite parts of the book, hopefully Vincent won't mind the quotes -
"Every day of my life has been today. Not yesterday or tomorrow; not the past or the future. It’s just today. And if you make today better than yesterday, the past will be quickly forgotten and the future will become incredibly bright."
"Lincoln told the group that having an independent livelihood was at the center of the American Dream. That the only reason to work for someone else was to get your feet under you, figure out what people needed, and then go set up shop for yourself. He wanted you to create a life of personal sovereignty, liberty, and unmatched freedom. It was almost insulting to work for
someone else for an extended period of time."
I truly believe this book should and will hit the national best-seller list because it is a unique hybrid of Dave Ramsey's "The Total Money Makeover" and Tim Ferris's "The Four-Hour Work Week". Plus, I love Seth Godin's work and he endorsed this book personally. That was another reason why I wanted to read it so bad!