Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Alexa on Mobile PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 45 reviews
on June 7, 2016
I bought this to replace my older, chronically leaky Ronstan Clearstart. This watch does everything that one did for half the price and with a more intuitive interface. It passed the first waterproof test: 2 hours of wet & windy dinghy racing last week.
Pros:
--countdown can be set for many different times (including 3 and 5 minute)
--countdown has 3 modes for the end of the sequence: stop, recycle the same countdown (good for big boat, multiple-fleet starts), count up (useful for timing races)
--can be synchronized: pressing the set/reset button jumps it to the next lowest minute of the time
--lightweight and the silicone band is very soft and comfy

Cons:
--the buttons are a little too easy to push
on September 9, 2014
I just received this watch a few days ago, so I cannot say anything about how well this watch will be holding up to day to day use. However, the watch looks good (in my very subjective opinion), is lightweight, easy to put on and take off, and is very comfortable to wear, you don't even feel it is there. The push buttons are very easy to operate. The display is crisp and easy to read; however, you have to look pretty much straight down onto the face of the watch to be able to read the display. As soon as you look at the face from some angle, you can only see the digital 888 structure of the LCD display. No big deal, though, you just may have to twist your wrist a little bit. Again, at this point I really cannot say anything about the longevity of this watch. One of the big concerns with wrist watches is how well the band will hold up, and how scratch resistant the glass and the body of the watch are. If I ever get around to it, I may update this review in a year or two.
on July 4, 2014
Just what I wanted. Large numbers, easy to read, nice alarm, good count down timer and very soft band. I have not had the problem of my clothes affecting the buttons like other reviewers have mentioned. I agree that they could have placed the logo off the crystal but it does not affect the reading the watch. They don't send instructions but give a web site for instructions. So far I have not needed that. Its pretty easy to figure out. I like the nite light better than my old casio and timex.

Update: After sailing some regattas, I still really like this watch. We use 3 minute rolling starts and it's perfect. But unfortunately I found a crack in the crystal. I don't know if this is a flaw in my watch or this watch in general. This is the first time I have cracked a crystal in any watch I've owned, and I don't know when or how. I think my next watch will be a ronstan which is a little more rugged.
on October 6, 2016
I am amateur sailer and needed a watch for our regatta racing... Found another "sailing watches" bat over my budget and just too many fonctions that just cluster the main use. ..This freestyle watch just fulfill everything I was looking for, while feels good even as daytime watch ;)
Love it! Simple, clear screen, direct commandes, smooth access buttons...
Excelent product!
Martin, Montreal AQVA sailing.
on May 30, 2015
Love the watch and it is exactly as everything in the selling points! But i gave it the rating because of very poor customer service from the Freestyle. The problem is the buckle came off, i called the company and left a messsge- no reponse! I took it to a jeweler who put a new one on and it also came off. I then emailed the company- no response! I love the watch but can't wear it without a buckle to hold it in my wrist!
on July 5, 2016
Great for racing. 5 minute time already programmed. This watch is comfortable, easy to use and represents a reasonable value. No need to spend more on racing timer.
Not 5 stars because the loop that holds the band doesn't work that well. I use a round of vinyl tape between band and tail to secure while racing.
I have bought again and recommended to others.
on October 23, 2010
This is an excellent watch for an old sailboat racer. The large numbers are visible without reading glasses. The (repeating, if you want) count-down timer is equally visible and easy to use and read. There are few functions on the watch so one needs not negotiate through a bunch of useless other functions. I love it. Great price too! Very fast delivery as well. (looking at tags below I see things not associated with this watch. There is no barometer nor compass and it's not the suunto brand. This one is better and cheaper)
on August 2, 2016
It is a good watch. An important note on the Race Start Count-down timer. I used it for the start of the Chicago to Mackinac race, after the starting gun it began counting up as expected, however - it stopped counting my elapsed time at 23 hours 59 minutes and 59 seconds. For a race that requires 60 + hours - that doesn't work.
on February 1, 2015
I bought this watch for my wife which she needs for work. I've owned a couple of Freestyle watches in the military & loved them! That's why I knew this watch would be great for my wife while she's at work, working for the railroad. Very durable, great visual display & not heavy on the wrist.
review image
on May 25, 2015
I agree with others that it is a stretch calling this a Mariner's Watch, it is a watch with a count down timer which is handy in a sailboat race. That being said, it is a very nice watch with a big face that is easy to read under all conditions. I like it very much and will be wearing it sail racing and more. Highly recommend.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.