Industrial Deals HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 23, 2014
My wife wanted a new, nice-looking watch that she could use while at the beach, while exercising, and while working also. A hard order to fill - but we think this one met all her criteria.

She used to wear Baby-G watches by Casio. The Baby-G's do not have user replaceable batteries, so when the battery runs out you have to either:
1- Send it to the manufacturer to have the battery replaced at a ridiculous cost for the battery and 2-way postage, or
2- Buy a new watch.
As option 2 costs less than option 1, we were buying new Baby-G's every 18 to 24 months.

Bearing that in mind, we emailed the SHARK company before purchasing this watch to find out if it had a user replaceable battery, and if so, what type of battery it required. SHARK responded to our email within an hour and told us that the battery was user replaceable, and the Freestyle Unisex Model 102245 contains battery size CR2025. This is a very common and inexpensive battery.

My wife loves the watch, she says it looks better than any of her previous Baby-G's. The different colors on the face and band make it match with almost any outfit. She has taken it down to about 10 feet deep in the ocean, swam in a chlorinated pool, went running, weight-lifted, played volleyball with it on. When it gets dirty, she just washes it in the sink with soap and water and then air dries it. It keeps on functioning perfectly and still looks nice as new.

Many digital watches have 100+ page instruction books and are very difficult to figure out (or remember) how to use. This one is much more intuitive. It did not come with instructions. We figured out how to set the time, time zone, alarm, etc. just by looking at the buttons. We downloaded the instructions from SHARK's website - they are only 4 pages long and are very easy to understand/remember.

The display is clear and easy to see, there is no "shark logo" covering it as other reviewers have said - maybe they got a different watch? Our watch is 102245. The watch is comfortable to wear. The dual Velcro wrist strap is not difficult to use, and it is very secure. Would hate for it to fall off while in the ocean! Velcro usually lasts a long time, but if the strap does wear out eventually we plan to just get a new strap (not a new watch).

Highly recommended! By the way, for those who may be curious - no, we do not work for the SHARK company or have anything to do with them. This is the first SHARK watch we have ever purchased, and we're just very satisfied with it.
on June 24, 2015
I love, love, love this retro, multicolored watch ... So cute and goes with most things. However, I gave this a four star because it is NOT your 80's watch, like people keep stating. I owned at least eight of the 80's shark watches. The nylon band had a clasp instead of a chunky Velcro strip. Thankfully, I am a bit if a jewelry pack rat, so I still have the old bands and hope they will fit this watch head. Which brings me to another point ... While the watch head style looks the same, it is larger. I was hoping it would truly be the 80's sized head, which is slightly smaller, making it more feminine. I'm hoping the watch itself will still be if the same quality, tho. It IS cute. It comes with no instructions, which is frustrating for this hip 63 year old, but I'll get through the settings eventually! Btw ... Some mentioned replacing batteries. With ALL of the old shark watches, because the watch is waterproof, when we went to change batteries, the watch no longer worked properly (& we had them taken to a jeweler) ... So I am not expecting to be able to change out the battery with this one, either (batteries fit, but the waterproofing is ruined once opened). The older batteries lasted over five years, do as long as I get that much mileage with this watch, I will be happy. The price has remained about the same as back in the 80's, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
on June 29, 2015
Purchased this watch on May 7, 2015. It worked great until June 24, 2015. I wore it to work at a swimming pool 4 days a week. I swam laps with it and on two occasions dove to a depth of 8 feet with it on. It was working when I left work on 6/24/2015 but later that evening the screen was blank. I don't know if the battery died or if something else is wrong, but since the watch was not even seven weeks old, I'm not going to spend any money on it to find out why it died.
on March 26, 2015
I was worried at first that the velcro band would irritate my wrist, but it has been nothing but comfortable! I switched over from only wearing digital casio's with the metal snap-clasp-like band, and have found this watch to be even more comfortable. I like that with this band I can get the watch to fit perfectly on my wrist. The buttons feel very nice and are easy to use. The light is bright, and the display is large. Overall, I am extremely happy I decided to order this watch. I truly recommend it.
on May 11, 2015
The watch is great, but I tried to register it for a warranty online on the manufacturer's website and had trouble finding the exact style number they I emailed customer support to see if they could tell me which numbers to enter for the style number...never heard anything from the manufacturer...I guess they have no problem taking your money, but if you need a simple question answered they could care less. If I didn't like the watch so much I would return it just on the principle of the matter. I hate bad customer service.
on May 14, 2015
The watch is good looking. Bought for wife and she really liked the look. Can't comment yet as to durability or water proofing. Comes without instructions (to supposedly save the environment yet the watch came wrapped in foam and on a plastic display stand??) and sends you to a web site to download instructions. Site has a drop down for watch model but this exact model wasn't listed. Used a similar model and the instructions seemed correct. Have programmed many, many digital watches and this was one of the more confusing especially since I couldn't see the entire instructions on the tablet page. You either had the text or the diagram showing which buttons to push. Trying to scroll between the two was a pain. After 15 minutes I finally had the time and date set. The band has a double Velcro type fastening system which should stand up with moderate use and by covering the Velcro with a second wrap it should project that from getting snagged on anything or accumulating "stuff".
on November 4, 2015
My friends have shark leash watches so I was eager to get my own. The Velcro kept sticking to my shirt and causing pulls. Two days after the return period ended, the hinge that connects the watch face to the band broke off. I contacted the shark leash company myself and got no response. I contacted Amazon but since it was two days past my return time they were unable to help me as well. Extremely disappointed. Do not recommend his watch at all, company has HORRIBLE customer service.
review image
on April 18, 2017
Im head over heals for this watch! Ive been wanting one for about 3 years and I FINALLY got one and i cant say i was the least bit disappointed! Setting the clock and figuring things out was very confusin at first being as there were no instructions included BUT freestyle does have a youtube channel that teaches you how to set it, still a little confusing at first but you get the hang of it! Love this watch so much, cant wait to buy more
on December 31, 2015
Love this watch. A little challenging to set (I assumed I could figure it out so I tossed the instructions and it took me a while to turn the alarm off). Also, I work with rocks so the yellow part of the band got dirty pretty quick. It not super noticeable though and since I wear it for field work its not an issue. Overall it seems like a great watch, good quality, works well.
on October 11, 2015
Daughter loves this watch! The velcro strap is comfortable and she loves that it lights up and has many different features. Seems to be some confusion if she can swim in it. Her friends do but I read that it's water resistant not water-proof. I also read reviewers comments it not working after they swam in it. Regardless, she loves it!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.