- File Size: 1448 KB
- Print Length: 129 pages
- Publication Date: August 16, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01KKHU9OO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#664,485 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #871 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
- #2332 in Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Religious & Inspirational > Romance
- #2693 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender eBooks > Romance > Lesbian Romance
Freiya's Stand Kindle Edition
"The Defenders" digital comics
Read the hit comics and graphic novels that inspired the TV series. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
This is a Vitsky book so you automatically get an f/f story that involves spanking...the crux of the story, though, is about closeted characters in a deeply conservative environment and what happens when their hands are forced and they must choose between taking a stand for themselves or doing what is necessary to keep their jobs and reputations.
Sabrina and Freiya come from Catholic backgrounds and are teachers at a Catholic school so there is a lot more religion than I usually encounter in my reads. Even so, as an atheist, I did not find it heavy handed and I felt it was true to the story and characters. Religion isn't painted as a savior or a villain...but we see how important of a role it plays for our leads.
I live in one of the most non-religious and progressive cities in the United States so it can be hard to believe the situation Freiya and Sabrina deal with could even happen...but, unfortunately, it can and it does even as far as gay rights have come. I thought it was an interesting situation to explore...
And, the story is told with a mix of present day and flashback so we get the leads as they are in an already established relationship and in a budding romance.
I just wish the storyline would've stayed grounded in reality and that the conflicts that arise between the leads was fleshed out more. As it was, the relationship dipped into a seemingly unhealthy place. It felt, really, that the story was rushed about 2/3rds of the way through and I would've liked it if the conflict between Freiya and Sabrina was fleshed out more into a healthier dynamic.
Anyway, I like Vitsky and there were parts of this I liked but this wasn't my favorite story of hers. About 3.25/3.3 stars.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Literature & Fiction > Romance
- Books > Romance > Lesbian Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Inspirational
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Lesbian Romance